Recent Content by wacko37

1. W

VM on the new Qnap tvs-1282 - i7 - 32gb

Thanks @pigers for your replies Regarding USB passthrough, if you plug a portable hdd into any usb port and it work correctly in QTS, will that device then be visible in all the running VM`s? Im still in talks with Qnap sales and awaiting a response regarding audio passthrough.
  2. W

Support here is the best!!! I need to research this some more before i buy. But i will be back when i do. BIG Thanks [USER = 4275] @pigers [/ USER] [USER = 1] @Silas Mariusz [/ USER] @pigers I lied when i said i had only 1 more question:Loser: I have searched for an answer but had no luck...
  3. W

WOOOOW!!! What an answer!!! I though nobody was going to get a reply, but @pigers this is unbelievable. This is the 2nd time you have replied to my questions, and just like the last question, your answer was more than i could ever ask for. I'm so excited about VM's, it means i can sell my...
  4. W

Hi All, Firstly I am sorry for re-posting this question, I posted it in "Virtualization of servers and clusters" but i did not get any replies, I believe its because it was the wrong forum. So here i go again I need understanding these VM's on a Qnap. I'm interested in the new Qnap tvs-1282 -...
  5. W

Pomoc VM on the new Qnap tvs-1282 - i7 - 32gb

Hi All, I really need help understanding these VM's on a Qnap NAS. I have just read about the new Qnap tvs-1282 - i7 - 32gb with a 450watt PSU which I can also add a full desktop GPU. I need to know would a Windows 10 64bit VM on a QNAP NAS be able to replace a Intel NUC d54250wyk mini...
  6. W

Pomoc Best Qnap for home use - NO BUDGET

Thanks so much for your reply. You have answered all my questions on this one! Qnap software has been p[pissing me off alot lately with constant monitoring. Was not even aware i could run Qwindows and then snapshot brilliant. Thanks again
  7. W

than thanks for your reply, my main reason for Linux station is that there is no need to wait for QNAP OPKG's to be updated, and then i can use linux versions which will be up to date and stable? Am i right in think this. "My suggestion is at least QNAP TS-451" - what would be your MAX!
  8. W

If you where in the market for a Qnap with no budget, which would you get??? My usage.... basically this runs 24/7 will do all my downloading (rtorrent, Couchpotato, Sonarr etc) Linux Station is a must as its means i will no longer have to worry about outdated QPKGs (correct me if im wrong, my...
  9. W

Pomoc Which rtorrent version is best?

Thank you @Silas Mariusz Lastly..... Will Qnap fix the problem with firmware 4.2.1 in their next release or will it require rtorrent to be updated? Please do NOT take this as a request ( i can only imagine how much time it takes you to maintain this QPKG), I'm just curious as to how this...
  10. W

Thanks for the reply Silas. I will revert back to 4.2.0. Should i upgrade to 0.9.6-b0422?
  11. W

Hi All, There has been a few updates of late for rtorrent (big thanks to @Silas Mariusz) but its unclear to me which is best / most stable I have a Qnap 459 Pro II and i am on 4.2.1 build 20160419 and using rtorrent 0.9.6-0116, I have been getting a lot of Watchdog errors of late, I just read...
  12. W

Pomoc My IPKG's have stopped working

I am in desperate need of help, some of us ipkgs will no longer work. Those are CouchPotato and Sickbeard and Headphones, i keep getting an error saying python is not installed, but it is and so is optware installed. I have noticed that when i open optware and select "submit" it no longer...
  13. W

Pomoc CouchPotato2 - auto unrar not working

No ..... just go to settings icon and hit restart. Now if you have unrar files in the "Renamer Search Folder" of CP, it will try to extract them automatically after reboot. Then go to settings icon ..... Logs.... and you will see the extract process.
  14. W

Still no joy, i restarted CP after i done the changes in putty, but in the logs and am still getting the same error
  15. W

I think i have followed all you directions correctly in regards to the unrar issue in CouchPotato but it is still unable to extract. I have been goggling this issue alot lately and i found this post Unrar not working (Debian) · Issue #2930 · RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer · GitHub From what...