Pomoc Understanding the default download folder process...

level42

Passing Basics
Beginner
3 Październik 2012
QNAP
TS-x70 Pro
Ethernet
100 GbE
So, I'm trying to understand how this Rdownload share folder works.

I've been using rtorrent QNAP for many many years, but I've always done my own torrent download processing. This usually entails of the following:

I have a custom shared folder setup for each tracker, and each torrent I download gets added to it's unique tracker folder:

/share/torrents/tracker/files

However, this is a tedious task to say the lease, especially with 500+ torrents.

---

I recently rebuilt my QNAP with larger drives, and a fresh install of rtorrent-pro, and I've begun to explore this Rdownload share, with all of its predefined folders. My question is, how does this work, and can I customize it?

I tested a download with ubuntu.iso, and set the download path to be /share/Rdownload/downloads, and the label as software. My thought was, that this would dump the torrent into the software sub folder (/share/Rdownload/downloads/software/). This however, was not the case, which left me wondering, what are these sub folder for? Are they supposed to work as I in-visioned? and if so, can I create custom sub folders for my trackers, so that I simply label new torrents, and they're placed into the correct directories automatically.

---

Ok, So, I've read through this: Manual - Understand what are multiple downloads directories and it seems that it is supposed to work as I imagined, however, it doesn't seem to be the case. Would appreciate some help.

Firmware version: 4.3.6.0923 Build 20190425
Model name: QNAP TS-870 Pro

I tested a download with ubuntu.iso, and set the download path to be /share/Rdownload/downloads, and the label as software. My thought was, that this would dump the torrent into the software sub folder (/share/Rdownload/downloads/software/). This however, was not the case, which left me wondering, what are these sub folder for?
You have to download it into downloads/software and set software label. :)

I tested a download with ubuntu.iso, and set the download path to be /share/Rdownload/downloads, and the label as software. My thought was, that this would dump the torrent into the software sub folder (/share/Rdownload/downloads/software/). This however, was not the case, which left me wondering, what are these sub folder for?
You have to download it into downloads/software and set software label. :)

The documentation here says that it downloads to:

/share/Rdownload/download/{label}

Doesn't that mean it should automatically downloads to the sub folder with the label that was assigned to the torrent? At least, this is how I read it.

If not, then the default folders that are created, at least for me, are pretty useless, and I'd need to create my own sub folder via the tracker name. Or, it's it generally preferred that everything is sorted by category like the default folder suggest? Is the benefit in this folder structure just a way to assist in cross-seeding?

I appreciate the follow up.

Doesn't that mean it should automatically downloads to the sub folder with the label that was assigned to the torrent? At least, this is how I read it.
Absolutely right but only when using automation called autotools. So, Start torrent downloads by saving .torrent file into label in watch directory.

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. folder watch