Pomoc Qnap: How do I enable port forwarding on my VPN?

Status
Brak możliwości dodawania odpowiedzi.

jomsen

Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
4 Marzec 2019
QNAP
TS-419P
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hello Together!
I can't get the ports open to share the torrents on my qnap. Tracker always says that my ports are closed... Leeching over VPN works, but outgoing connections (for which i could get a port assigned by the VPN provider) don't work. The VPN provider PIA should support this in the country i am using [1].

Do i have to configure/activate it anywhere?

Thanks! jomsen

My VPN Setup:
Provider: Private Internet Access | Anonymous VPN Service Provider
Configured in QVPN Service 2.0.590 -> Downloading over VPN works.

Firmware version: 4.3.6 0923
Model name: QNAP TS-431P
[1] How do I enable port forwarding on my VPN? - Knowledgebase / Technical / Questions - PIA Support Portal

Leeching over VPN works, but outgoing connections (for which i could get a port assigned by the VPN provider) don't work.
is the correct ip reported to the tracker?
if yes so, than contact your vpn provider and read the service agreement.

Yes, the tracker shows that i am conntected through the vpn.
But where can i configure Auto Port Forward PIA VPN for rTorrent? You get a port assigned by PIA and this port has to be used by Rtorrent as well.

Hello Together!
I can't get the ports open to share the torrents on my qnap. Tracker always says that my ports are closed... Leeching over VPN works, but outgoing connections (for which i could get a port assigned by the VPN provider) don't work. The VPN provider PIA should support this in the country i am using [1].

Do i have to configure/activate it anywhere?

Thanks! jomsen

My VPN Setup:
Provider: Private Internet Access | Anonymous VPN Service Provider
Configured in QVPN Service 2.0.590 -> Downloading over VPN works.

Firmware version: 4.3.6 0923
Model name: QNAP TS-431P
[1] How do I enable port forwarding on my VPN? - Knowledgebase / Technical / Questions - PIA Support Portal

Hello jomsen,

Let me guess, you connect to PIA via Open VPN protocol through the QVPN Service app ?

If yes, PIA don't provide directly "port forwarding" via Open VPN protocol.
There's a possibility by launching a script.
(Can I use port forwarding without using the PIA client? - Knowledgebase / Technical / Questions - PIA Support Portal)

You can forward a port by connecting through their official software.
(How do I enable port forwarding on my VPN? - Knowledgebase / Technical / Questions - PIA Support Portal)

Dam & Silas, Thank you very much. Yes, that actually looks like a quite feasible solution. Is there the possibility that the feature "Get port at PIA and configure directly in rtorrent" is implemented in rtorrent-Pro? Would be great!

As far as I know, VeePN service provides rather easy port forwarding. If you face some issues, the best way to check is to use other VPN software. If you got the same issue with VeePN then you can check settings of your computer. If you got any questions on this topic you can write me PM anytime.

What about NordVPN? As far as I know this service is most recommended.
VPN Comparison by That One Privacy Guy

upload_2019-6-11_12-28-0.png

This is related to VPN service provider not rtorrent itself.
Well, Rtorrent also has to use a port for sharing with the other VPN providers. Given that there is no solution from Qnap for the announcement of this port. How does this work then? This means that sharing content does not work with rtorrent-Pro when using a VPN, right?

Well, Rtorrent also has to use a port for sharing with the other VPN providers.
As I remember last time when I was using Windscribe I didnt had any issue with closed port.
This means that sharing content does not work with rtorrent-Pro when using a VPN, right?
As said above.

Try other VPN service provider.

If you wish to have support for your VPN service you should contact them first to provide solution for this.

This is related to VPN service provider not rtorrent itself.
Well, Rtorrent also has to use a port for sharing with the other VPN providers. Given that there is no solution from Qnap for the announcement of this port. How does this work then? This means that sharing content does not work with rtorrent-Pro when using a VPN, right?

You can share your media data via rtorrent-pro through a VPN. There is no doubt about it.

In the main settings, you define a port of your choice or keep the default one.
Make sure that the VPN provider accept port forwarding service.

There are several protocols to connect your NAS device to a VPN. Here are two :
- Using a compatible app developped by the VPN provider for QNAP operating system
or
- Add an OpenVPN file (in "QVPN Service" official app) to connect

As I already said, AirVPN provides easily port forwarding because :
- You can set via your customer account on their website, the port you want to forward to.
- Select your favorite server location between hundreds in the world.
- There are many subscriptions possible. From 2 days to 3 years.
So you can test it for a short period of time and see if you are satisfied.

• Lubię to
Reakcje: Silas Mariusz
As I already said, AirVPN provides easily port forwarding because :
- You can set via your customer account on their website, the port you want to forward to.
- Select your favorite server location between hundreds in the world.
- There are many subscriptions possible. From 2 days to 3 years.
So you can test it for a short period of time and see if you are satisfied.
Thanks for the explanation! :) I'll have a look. For those of you who have to work with PIA because you already bought a package there:
That is my config for Qnap, Docker, Transmission & Openvpn:
Kod:
docker run --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --device=/dev/net/tun -d  -v /share/Download/torrent:/data -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR=/data/pending -e TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR_ENABLED=true -e TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT=3 -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_QUEUE_SIZE=10 -e TRANSMISSION_ENCRYPTION=1 -e TRANSMISSION_BLOCKLIST_URL=http://john.bitsurge.net/public/biglist.p2p.gz -e TRANSMISSION_BLOCKLIST_ENABLED=true -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_GLOBAL=100 -e TRANSMISSION_PEER_LIMIT_PER_TORRENT=10 -e TRANSMISSION_RATIO_LIMIT_ENABLED=true -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_DOWN=6000 -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_UP=2000 -e TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR=/data/complete -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_ENABLED=true -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_ENABLED=true -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_BEGIN=360 -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_DAY=1111111 -e TRANSMISSION_ALT_SPEED_TIME_END=1380 -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED=true -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_USERNAME=fixme -e TRANSMISSION_RPC_PASSWORD=fixme -e OPENVPN_PROVIDER=PIA -e OPENVPN_CONFIG=Sweden -e OPENVPN_USERNAME=fixme -e OPENVPN_PASSWORD=fixme -e WEBPROXY_ENABLED=false -e LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.178.0/24 -e "OPENVPN_OPTS=--inactive 3600 --ping 10 --ping-exit 60" --dns 1.1.1.1 --dns 9.9.9.9 -p 9091:9091 ledokun/armhf-docker-transmission-openvpn
Transmission is, of course, not nearly as chic as RTorrent.fixme has to be changed ;)

Status
Brak możliwości dodawania odpowiedzi.

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. face
  2. docker torrent
  3. qvpn client