Pomoc Just bought Rtorrent Pro but having problem removing old version (rutorrent)

rebekic

Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
19 Grudzień 2015
QNAP
TS-x51
Ethernet
802.11n (Wi-Fi 4)
Hello Silas,
I just bought Rtorrent Pro and have a problem, since i had old version of rtorrent/rutorrent manualy installed on my QNAP many many years ago . Instructions where on the old qnap.pl forum but now they are missing.
1. After installing PRO verison (not removig old one) i now have conflict between old and new rutorrent versions (both are acive with two different ports on web gui -6008 & 6009). Can you give me instructions how to remove old rutorrent tottaly clean since my logs are full of errors and have sporadicly conflict some torrents go to new and some on old rutorrent.
2. I also have problem that rtorrent is connecting only to one seeder
(even though there are 1000+)
3. Sometimes i get error that server rejects uploading torrent and sometimes it uploads same torrent
Thanks in advance
Ivan Tatic

Firmware version: 4.4.1.1216 Build 20200214

Model name: QNAP TS-451

1. After installing PRO verison (not removig old one) i now have conflict between old and new rutorrent versions (both are acive with two different ports on web gui -6008 & 6009). Can you give me instructions how to remove old rutorrent tottaly clean since my logs are full of errors and have sporadicly conflict some torrents go to new and some on old rutorrent.
6008 is SSL port
6009 standard HTTP

Within last 2 days many public trackers was added into global ban IP list. So rtorrent-Pro stopped to download these data for security reasons and to protect users.

However it is possible to disable this IP filtering in the rtorrent-Pro settings.
Once disabled it operates as standard torrent client.

image.png

3. Sometimes i get error that server rejects uploading torrent and sometimes it uploads same torrent
Please disable Ipfilter first.

6008 is SSL port
6009 standard HTTP

Within last 2 days many public trackers was added into global ban IP list. So rtorrent-Pro stopped to download these data for security reasons and to protect users.

However it is possible to disable this IP filtering in the rtorrent-Pro settings.
Once disabled it operates as standard torrent client.

25530.png

Please disable Ipfilter first.

Will disable Ip filter and play with it. But can you help me uninstall rutorrent that i manually installed many years ago. so i dont have a conflict Thanks in advance

from Download/rtorrent.
I think we have misunderstanding, previously in last 5 years i manualy rtorrent and rutorrent webgui. I followed guide from this forum but since it was old it is removed. NOW i have two webGui-s who are conflicting eachother.
I see that on port 6008, I have acceess with new user and password created with the new Rtorrent pro setup and on port 6009 I see that rutorrent gui is ignoring the new user and password and its accepting the old user and password from old rtorrent/rutorrent installation.

Can you give me instruction how to clean all traces of old rtorrent/rutorrent including the old credidentials.
Also I could give you access to QNAP if you are willing to help

Thanks in advance
Ivan

well - Silas - you must put some line , where do not care anymore .. otherwise - - anyone can come crying ..
It is not crying , everywhere it states it can be installed over old version but this is a problem. Dont mock me for asking for support , it is normal request. I think Silas is a good guy and solve this, no need for involvments from other parties:) all the best

I see that on port 6008, I have acceess with new user and password created with the new Rtorrent pro setup and on port 6009
It was as I said. Rtorrent-Pro was properly installed. User didnt not use ctrl+f5 on his browser to refresh the loading page.