Passing Basics
Beginner
24 Listopad 2019
QNAP
TS-x51
Ethernet
100 Mbps
Hi,

Just aquired a second drive for my NAS and I'm having trouble to change the paths for new torrents.

I've already managed to change the default download and complete folders after a lot of tries.
The GUI version on the Advanced interface seems to not be saving the change on the download folder.
Tried to change diretly on the rtorrent.dat but the file is being overrided on every startup.
The only way that worked and persisted was changing via the Flood UI settings.

The next step is to change the medialibrary folder where the filebot do it's magic with hardlinks, it must be changed since both paths must be in the same volume to be possible to create the hardlink. I'm clueless about this step since there's no GUI settings for this. Can someone help me here?

Thanks in advance!

Firmware version: 4.5.1 Build 1495
Model name: QNAP TS-251B

The GUI version on the Advanced interface seems to not be saving the change on the download folder.
Tried to change diretly on the rtorrent.dat but the file is being overrided on every startup.
Thats all wrong. Correct way is to point Rdownload share into another disk volume.

Thats all wrong. Correct way is to point Rdownload share into another disk volume.

But i've already have 6TB seeding on the original folder (disk), my intention is to keep the currents torrents seeding and only add the new ones on the new path, same for the medialibrary. If I simply change the mapping for the Rdownload folder, it will break all my current active torrents.
How I finally solved the situation:
  • Exported all the torrent files (CRTL+A, Right-Click and Get .torrent)
  • Changed the Rdownload folder mapping to the new disk as Silas suggested
From this point the rtorrent was fresh new with no torrents loaded
  • Bulk added all my 200 torrents pointing to the old Disk without starting download (this step only worked from Flood UI, nothing happened on Advanced UI)
  • Select all, Right-Click and Force Recheck
The old torrents are seeding, my old medialibrary is still there and the new torrents and medialibrary are working as expected in the new drive.