F1le

Entry Technician
Q Associate
27 Wrzesień 2015
QNAP
TVS-x72XT
Ethernet
10 GbE
Ok so I added torrent and select path to be downloaded, and by mistake I added a latter probably (don't even know) and automatically rtorrent went down. How to clear it up?

Sure, but :

NAS restart helped...

So precisely :

1/ Open rtorrent
2/ Select torrent to be added
3/ Change the default path to the one you want (let's say I want to add to /share/MyServer/Films/
4/ By change make a mistake and enter not-existing path like for example this one : /share/Server/Films/ because you write the path by yourself, not selecting the folder.
5/ Click load torrent
6/ Game over. Rtorrent died, need to restart the whole NAS.

apuu.sh_Dnkjb_34a3282297.png

This is not really rtorrent-Pro issue, it's more QNAP itself. But more its all Linux embedded devices issue which are loading rootfs system into a small RAM disk where your non-existing download path was created and as soon it was out of free space.

Well once adding a torrent you have an option to use any disk volume mounted to it's corresponding share path. But instead that you have typed non-existing path. So rtorrent-Pro automatically created this path on rootfs which is running on small RAM disk and soon after torrent download starts this rootfs disk was out of free space.

Result was simple. Your OS was unable even to store a pid for running process and store system session logs. This is an limitation of all Linux-embedded system.