Pomoc How to verify BT/DHT port forwarding is set up correctly?

Status
Brak możliwości dodawania odpowiedzi.

mabroze

Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
1 Sierpień 2020
QNAP
TS-x53Be
Ethernet
1 GbE
When it comes to configuring a torrent client, I always like to verify NAT and port forwarding are set up correctly, as download and upload speeds suffer if it's not. I did not find an obvious way to verify this from within the rtorrent-Pro UI, nor did I find any information on this forum (tho I do not speak Polish so I'm at a disadvantage). Did I miss something? To be precise, I want to verify main BT TCP port and DHT UDP port are open from outside and working.

Thats seems to be very easy :)
Just open Advanced UI and please find port status on the bottom bar.

upload_2020-8-1_10-33-3.png

If its green then port are forwarded correctly.

• Lubię to
Reakcje: mabroze
Thats seems to be very easy :)
Just open Advanced UI and please find port status on the bottom bar.

27081.png

If its green then port are forwarded correctly.
Never ever showed me a green status.
Even when my Port forwarding works.....but i have to enable DH'T every time again in the Advance UI or in Flood...

but i have to enable DH'T every time again in the Advance UI or in Flood...
BitTorrent Connectivity and Services settings in Advanced UI or Flood UI are for current session only and are not permanent.
To apply static settings use SETTINGS UI (http://nas_ip:6009/setup/) instead.

upload_2020-8-5_13-38-45.png

If you have DHT settings set to auto (default/prefered) or set to ON and DHT service is still off, then probably you are receiving this message:
Warning log - DHT default port 6881 is already in use. Perhaps an another downloader is already running ...
Please find solution there.

Even when my Port forwarding works
Sure?
Have you updated Rtorrent-Pro to the lastest version?
There was an port status indication failure in previous versions.

but i have to enable DH'T every time again in the Advance UI or in Flood...
BitTorrent Connectivity and Services settings in Advanced UI or Flood UI are for current session only and are not permanent.
To apply static settings use SETTINGS UI (http://nas_ip:6009/setup/) instead.

Well, its https://NAS_IP:6008/setup/ .. and i sure did that multiple times yes ;-)
I did try Enable DHT, Auto DHT... chose the default gateway or, did the scan and chose the active gateway interface...
My Port forward in the Internet Router works, otherwise it would show dropped in the lofgile, instead it shows accept connections with those ports and so far, that is not the issue.

27678.png

If you have DHT settings set to auto (default/prefered) or set to ON and DHT service is still off, then probably you are receiving this message:
Warning log - DHT default port 6881 is already in use. Perhaps an another downloader is already running ...
Please find solution there.

No, i only received that message when i chose PnP NAT, which isnt really enabled in my router/firewall out of security reasons. otherwise never.

Even when my Port forwarding works
Sure?
Have you updated Rtorrent-Pro to the lastest version?
There was an port status indication failure in previous versions.

Sure did, 08/01/2020, 2020-07-25 17:18:06, Version, 0.9.7-A725

No. Your port is not forwarded.
So how is it, that i have Connections and downloads are working then ?

ACCEPT IN=eth0 OUT=br0 SRC=111.3.96.47 DST=XX.XX.X.XX LEN=86 TOS=0x04 PREC=0x00 TTL=55 ID=4362 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=51413 DPT=6889 LEN=66 MARK=0x41400000
I just checked the Confguration again, saved it and got an error in the Wnap, telling me that port 16881 is already in use. I guess as of the running client on the NAS...

But when i restart the whole appliance, there is no error reported.

When your port is not forwarded you can download however you cannot seed correctly.
But seeding is busy, often upload rates like 20 MBit.

I checked my Firewall again, even added a second TCP Port in and added UDP as addional Port Forward

ALL ALL UDP 6889 XX.X.X.XX 6889
ALL ALL TCP 16881:16882 XX.X.X.43 16881:16882
ALL ALL UDP 16881:16882 XX.X.X.43 16881:16882

Status
Brak możliwości dodawania odpowiedzi.

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. rtorrent ports