Haskell

Passing Basics
Beginner
11 Kwiecień 2019
QNAP
TS-x53
Ethernet
10 GbE
There's a problem I've been tracking down for a couple of days now, and the result of this problem is that Kodi doesn't not scan TV Shows that get processed via FileBot into the library, and I posted a thread about it over at Kodi forums to find out that the cause of it is that the `tvshow.nfo` file that FileBot creates for each Show doesn't contain the `<episodeguide>` tag, and to Kodi the following is a requirement:
f you choose not to use nfo files for each episode, but only for the main TV Show, then the tvshow.nfo file must contain a valid <episodeguideurl> to allow online updates. If not, only episodes with .nfo files will be added.
and FileBot doesn't add .nfo files for each episode, nor it has the `<episodeguide>` in the .nfo that gets created in the Show's directory.

I searched about this problem over at FileBot's forums, and they say the .nfo file missing the `<episodeguide>` tag is due to TheTVDB API limitations, and the only work around is to add `--def artwork=n` flag so FileBot won't create the .nfo all together.

here's my Kodi thread with all the info and the logs, and here's the FileBot forums thread that I'm referring to.

any ideas ?

Firmware version: 4.3.6.0895
Model name: QNAP TS-253Be
I applied the suggested fix which is adding `--def artwork=n` flag to FileBot command, I did that by changing the file `/usr/bin/rtorrent/binfilebot-postprocess.sh` line:297

What about to switch from TheTVDB to TheMovieDataBase-TV by setting --def tmdbTV=y in postprocess wrapper and keep artwork enabled? Did you tried this?
Tried it, the same, even the .nfo file that gets generated contains the same info.
with --def tmdbTV=y: http://ix.io/1Eal
with --def tmdbTV=n:
Link: https://pastebin.com/ZP9TFwbR
is should be reported to filebot creator - artwork switch does not have any sense to make create/or not .nfo file ...
I believe it is an API limitation, Kodi should play nicer towards .nfo files without that dreaded tag

What about manually deleting .nfo file inside TV Shows? Does it make that Kodi recognize TV Show? If yes, then its better to cleanup tv-shows from nfo after filebot postprocess.
@Haskell in the RC2 build there is upcoming feature...
"Instant nfo cleanup to prevent Kodi TV Shows library gets broken"
Pokaż załącznik 23724

What about manually deleting .nfo file inside TV Shows? Does it make that Kodi recognize TV Show? If yes, then its better to cleanup tv-shows from nfo after filebot postprocess.
@Haskell in the RC2 build there is upcoming feature...
"Instant nfo cleanup to prevent Kodi TV Shows library gets broken"
Pokaż załącznik 23724
Thanks man ! Much appreciated.