Webuse

Passing Basics
Beginner
19 Styczeń 2020
QNAP
TVS-x71T
Ethernet
10 GbE
I switched from an old Windows box to a QNAP VS-672XT. I purchased the rtorrent-Pro application and I'm amazed at the performance and integration with the QNAP. Should have done this years ago. I have a slightly different setup that I'm hoping to get some help with.

My System Drive in the QNAP is a 1TB SSD, that is where all my apps and VM's run from. The rtorrent-Pro application seems to offer 2 choices for storage.
#1 /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/rtorrent/
or
#2 These Instructions For Changing the Data Path

My giant 6 disk raid is at /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/

I would like rtorrent to keep downloading to: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/rtorrent/downloads
When the torrent is done, it should be hard linked to: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/rtorrent/complete
After the torrent is complete, I would like the magic of Autotools to COPY the RENAMED files to:
/share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Media/Movies
/share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Media/TV

As it is now, everything works great in the default configuration, I just want the final resting place for the files to be on CACHEDEV2_DATA . My intention is to delete the torrents and data from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/rtorrent/ after I'm happy with their seed ratio.

Can anyone help me understand how to accomplish this? I do have the full paid version of rtorrent-Pro and FileBot, but it seems the recommendation is to not use the QNAP version of FileBot and stick with the built in version that comes with rtorrent-Pro.

Thank you for your help.

Firmware version: 4.4.1.1146 Build 20191206
Model name: QNAP TVS-672XT

Hey Man,

You have to play with symlinks.
Just replace medialibrary directory with symlink pointing to another volume.

That's all what you need. After that rTorrent-Pro will no longer hardlink stuff (which is not possible between different volumes) and instead will simply copy content.

Enjoy!

Hey Man,

You have to play with symlinks.
Just replace medialibrary directory with symlink pointing to another volume.

That's all what you need. After that rTorrent-Pro will no longer hardlink stuff (which is not possible between different volumes) and instead will simply copy content.

Enjoy!

Well that was too easy.

Had I known to search for symlinks, I would have found it without bothering you.

This thread had the info and examples I needed.

Thank you!
A couple questions I'm unable to find answers for.

#1 The setting for Bind IP Interface does not hold between reboots. I have to select my VPN after every reboot.

#2 Any idea why I lose all my settings every time I update to a new version of Rtorrent, it's quite frustrating?

#3 What is the syntax for the "Download subtitles for the given language" I have entered "en,cn" as I'm trying to download English and Chinese. Is there a post with examples?

#4 Is there a post showing examples for the trigger settings for Kodi/Plex/Emby on a local server? I assume its localhost: ???

#1 The setting for Bind IP Interface does not hold between reboots. I have to select my VPN after every reboot.
This is QNAP issue not rtorrent.
Each reboot QNAP change the tunnel name.

#2 Any idea why I lose all my settings every time I update to a new version of Rtorrent, it's quite frustrating?
Please don't be afraid of this.
Only the basic settings are lost. Advanced settings are stored in Download share and does not affect upgrade.

In the begining the user played with settings a lot and their bricked rtorrent again and again, so I decided to restore some setting by an reinstallation. I think there will be one and last rtorrent update with fixed zip, medialibrary move content library before I release new Rtorrent2, where all settings should be kept every upgrade/reinstall.

To be honest is not so easy, since I'm trying to provide much help as I can, write manuals, tutorials and etc but incoming resources are very low. This makes me feel crazy, taxes kills, PayPal refunds destroys I can release it as a free app and leave the project away forever. Seriously it's better to sell cigarettes on a street than release rtorrent for qnap users and for qnap itself where as you mentioned before eg. VPN issue is because QNAP is new in this.

#3 What is the syntax for the "Download subtitles for the given language" I have entered "en,cn" as I'm trying to download English and Chinese. Is there a post with examples?
The syntax is okay. Maybe opensubtitles does not have such subtitles? And try to switch to cn,en.

#4 Is there a post showing examples for the trigger settings for Kodi/Plex/Emby on a local server? I assume its localhost: ???
This feature is recommended only when you use external player that does not hold on same QNAP where rtorrent is installed. In future rtorrent release this gonna be removed because of not understanding that Plex, Emby and Kodi locally can scan media library in real time just you have to enable this in settings.

Status
Brak możliwości dodawania odpowiedzi.

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. rtorrent share location
  2. trigger plex update
  3. medialibrary symlink
  4. kodi rtorrent