Pomoc Migrating from Download Station: Triggering AutoMove?

kelvinleong

Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
27 Luty 2020
QNAP
TVS-x71
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hi,

I've just came across rTorrent and bought it - I must say, it really is everything that I ever dreamed of for a torrent client.

Anyway, I am trying to migrate my existing torrents and their respective data from Download Station, and after playing with the process, I found that I could do it as such:

1) Download existing torrent file from Download Station
2) Remove torrent (keeping data) from Download Station
3) Move old data to rtorrent/downloads/tv (for example, for a TV episode)
4) Upload torrent file back to rtorrent/watch/tv
5) This will trigger torrent addition in rTorrent and will re-check files, so there won't be re-download as files are already there
6) When re-check is complete, this does not trigger the "Finished" event, only straight to Seeding

I think because of #6 above, AutoMove does not get triggered. (AutoMoves works if I use a new torrent which I do not already have the data files and triggers the Finished event)

Is there a way to manually trigger the Finished event? Or should I just make a bash script to do hard link to completed folder for those which I am importing? I think this step is important or else Media Library will not get triggered...

Also, if any of you have a better way to migrate from Download Station, please let me know too.. thanks!

Thank you!

6) When re-check is complete, this does not trigger the "Finished" event, only straight to Seeding
Yes.
You have to delete smallest file in each torrent to make it finish again. Then it will trigger complete event.
Hi Silas,

Tried this method and it works!

However, some of my torrents have only one very big file - maybe above 10GB.. so it would be a waste of ratio to delete it and re-download. Is there any command or hack I could do to trigger it manually? I'm good with the CLI :)

Thanks!

To be honest cant help you right now, since Im working on next build of rtorrent. But how about editing just one byte inside each of this big file, then doing Force recheck, stop & start again.
Good point! I managed to do this very quickly with this command:
Bash:
echo -ne \\xFF | dd conv=notrunc bs=1 count=1 of=[filename goes here]

In case anyone else was looking for something similar :)