2 248
Nowy Sącz
forum.qnap.net.pl
QNAP
TS-x77
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hello,

And only because I promised, introducing a new version of the PS3 media server ... 8)

Install instructions
Install the JRE package. Instructions on how to do that here
Download and install the below QPKG.

Release information
29.05.2011 - PS3 Media Server 1.23
Updated ffmpeg to 0.7, mplayer to 1.04rc and pmsencoder to 1.5.5.
The qpkg is built on top of the original QPKG released by QnapAndy so everything will be familiar.
Backup your PMS.conf and WEB.conf files and remove the original QPKG and install this one.
build15.06.2011 - PS3 Media Server 1.24 -
19.06.2011 - PS3 Media Server 1.25.1 - Download x86 - link1 or link2 .
Recompiled mplayer and I think I sorted the stuttering problem. Incorporated version 0.2 of the web interface. Updated the MovieInfo plugin to the latest version that I found on the web. Changed the default font to ARIAL, I think it's a bit cleaner and has better support for different encodings.
Couldn't get the sleep patch mode to compile, I'll try to contact the guy that made that patch see if he can update his script to work with the newer versions of PMS.
Important If you want to test this new version, backup your customizations (if any), remove the PMS QPKG and restart the NAS. Once all that done, install the latest PMS QPKG.
06.07.2011 - PS3 Media Server 1.30.1
Updated to the latest PS3MS version available.
Also updated the PMS encoder to ver. 1.5.6
Just to jiggle :) things up a bit, decided to change the default web interface restart, start/stop icons and banner with the ones provided by Steve_b (hope he doesn't mind).
09.07.2011 - PS3 Media Server 1.30.1- patch release - Download x86 - Dropbox or MultiUpload
Fixed a issue with the start/stop script that was preventing PMS to run properly.
Also, starting with this version when upgrading you won't loose your customization to the PMS.conf, WEB.conf and MOVIEINFO.conf files.

I only tested this on my popcornhour player so feedback will be greatly appreciated accompanied by the log file :).

I also compiled this for the ARM platform but is unusable. The xvid avi files stutter like hell on my popcornhour ... not enough horse power in my 1.2 Mhz processor, so decided to release only the x86 version

Enjoy,
Cristian.