2 248
Nowy Sącz
forum.qnap.net.pl
QNAP
TS-x77
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hello again,

Intorducing a new QPKG, osCommerce version 2.31.

[Description]
osCommerce is an online shop e-commerce solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease, and is available for free as an Open Source based solution released under the GNU General Public License.

[Installation instructions]
1. Enable both, apache and mysql servers.
2. Create a Mysql database and keep the details close because you will need them down the road.
3. If you want to access the osCommerce package from outside the LAN make sure to access the NAS web interface before installing the QPKG using the http://DDNS_ADDRESS because it will save this address as the default isntallation root. Install the QPKG and click on the link there to start the osCommerce setup process.
4. When you get to the 3rd step of the setup process, you will need to fill in a few information. Make note of the following:
Administration Directory Name Administrator Username Administrator Password
5. If you get to the 4th step of the setup process you will see 2 buttons there: Catalog and Administration Tool.
DO NOT PRESS ANY OF THEM.
You will need to connect to your NAS via SSH or telnet and finish the rest there.
Run the following command:
Kod:
 # If you have a single drive setup run the following command
/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/osCommerce/oscommerce.sh finalize
# If you have a RAID setup run the following command
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/osCommerce/oscommerce.sh finalize
Read carefully the instructions on the screen. You will be asked to enter the 3 things:
Administration Directory Name Administrator Username Administrator Password
These are the ones entered at the 3rd step of the installation process.
6. At this point you are ready to use the osCommerce platform. You can go back to the browser and click either on the catalog shotcut to visit the store or on the Administration tool shortcut to go to the admin section.

[License Information]
osCommerce is released under the GNU General Public License. More info HERE

[Release Information]
Ver. 2.3.1 - Initial release (06.05.2011)

[Download Section]
All_Platforms

[Other Information]
I had to tweak the index.php file in order to make it start the install process. If you want to remove that code after the install process you can do so. This is what was added by me:
Kod:
if (is_dir('../install')) {
	header( "refresh:0;url=../install/index.php" ); 
}
Also, you might want to review the directory permissions on the Administration Tool -> Tools -> Security Directory Permissions page.
I tried to come up with a way to set it automatically during the install process but it kept giving me some strange errors and the images were not showing up so I decided to abandon it. Try to see what works for you, that's all I can say.

Cristian.