Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
24 Marzec 2019
QNAP
TS-x51
Ethernet
1 GbE
I am running the latest rTorrent-Pro 0.9.6 0.13.6
When I right click and choose "Remove and Delete Data" I expect it to both remove the torrent from rTorrent-Pro AND delete the actually torrent file and the file(s) it downloaded (i.e .MKV file, etc), but it does not. The torrent gets removed from the rTorrent interface, but I always have to seperately go to the Download share and remove the files themselves. I assume I am missing a permission setting that lets this happen, but cannot work out what it is.
I swear it used ot tdo this in a version of rTorrent++ years ago...

Firmware version: 4.3.6.0883
Model name: QNAP TS-451A
Any fix for this?

When I right click and choose "Remove and Delete Data" I expect it to both remove the torrent from rTorrent-Pro AND delete the actually torrent file and the file(s) it downloaded (i.e .MKV file, etc), but it does not. The torrent gets removed from the rTorrent interface, but I always have to seperately go to the Download share and remove the files themselves. I assume I am missing a permission setting that lets this happen, but cannot work out what it is.
It should be removed from downloads directory only. This does not touch content of complete and medialibrary directory.

It should be removed from downloads directory only. This does not touch content of complete and medialibrary directory.

I was going to post a new thread about
I am running the latest rTorrent-Pro 0.9.6 0.13.6

Firmware version: 4.3.6.0883
Model name: QNAP TS-451A
Any fix for this?

To do what you're after, these are the settings that work for me.
version:0.9.7-A426.

upload_2020-5-4_8-54-9.png

NOTE: You must set these again after each update (as they get set back to defaults)

Will check this.

Thanks.

I really like this functionality (of being able to permanently delete all files after the download is moved into completed folder).
I did have some troubles getting it to work, but the settings above appear to be consistent. I recall it would occasionally work on some other settings, but I can't recall which.

I haven't tried the MediaLibrary at all, but I might look into it if it does a similar thing.
Basically, for files of a certain tag, I want to move them to completed (inside a folder with that tag) and then auto-remove torrent (and del files) after 30 mins.
Not sure if the MediaLibrary is supposed to manage this type of thing.

I haven't tried the MediaLibrary at all, but I might look into it if it does a similar thing.
This works differently. The idea is to build media files in different place. So it can move your complete movies and TV shows,a but after that there is no control on that files from rtorrent.

This works differently. The idea is to build media files in different place. So it can move your complete movies and TV shows,a but after that there is no control on that files from rtorrent.

Thanks for the information.
That could be ok. I simply want to clean the torrents from rtorrent (and the files themselves from DL directories). Sonarr/Radarr have no way to remove the torrent from rt, so anything to help keep the place tidy would help. Currently S/R simply watch the /completed/ folder but can't remove the torrent/files themselves.

The issue you mentioned:
To do what you're after, these are the settings that work for me.
version:0.9.7-A426.

upload_2020-5-4_8-54-9-png.png

NOTE: You must set these again after each update (as they get set back to defaults)
Was fixed. Please try build A504 from the repo.

rtorrent-Pro [x86_64] - Updates

Tell me if autotools settings are kept now.

Cheers.

I actually just did that update this morning. I had to update settings in autotools, as they were back to default. At least the 'move' was.

Did you use different user name than rtorrent? If yes so did you restored it first by changing user name to previous one?
Hopefully I understand correctly...
I have always used a different username to rtorrent.
Whenever I update, I always have to go into settings->credentials and change user/pass to my preferred settings.
It also always resets all the settings to their defaults (when I update).

Did I "restore it first"? I'm afraid I don't understand.

Bro are you sure you are doing this correctly.

Let me explain you something.

Rtorrent starts with default user name: 'rtorrent'. We call this is user profile.
When user name is changed to: 'silas', then whole profile settings belongs to 'silas' instead 'rtorrent'.

Once you install rtorrent v0.9.7-A504 it restore your settings to default one for 'rtorrent' profile.

This Scheduler after an rtorrent reinstallation:
upload_2020-5-4_12-10-51.png

This is autotools after reinstallation:
upload_2020-5-4_12-15-51.png

And once I change username back to: 'silas'
upload_2020-5-4_12-11-34.png

... the 'silas' profile is restored. And all settings are back again:

upload_2020-5-4_12-12-24.png

upload_2020-5-4_12-17-12.png

So everything works well.

You may have some mess maybe in profile directory.
  • Stop rtorrent-Pro.
  • Do a backup of settings in Rdownload/settings/users/*.
  • Remove content of Rdownload/settings/users/*
  • Start rtorrent-Pro.
  • Configure all from scratch.
And all should works well, since I cannot replicate this issue. Tested several times.

Bro are you sure you are doing this correctly.

Let me explain you something.
And all should works well, since I cannot replicate this issue. Tested several times.

Thanks for that. I never knew about that feature (as it's never worked like that for me).
I'll give the fix a try (and report back next time I update).

UPDATE: It worked!
Thanks for the heads up. In the past, I might have been too quick to move to the next screen, and didn't let the settings load. All I can say is that it did load the settings from the previous instance of that profile. Wonderful!

• Lubię to
Reakcje: Silas Mariusz