Passing Basics
Beginner
13 Lipiec 2017
QNAP
TVS-x73
Ethernet
1 GbE
Dear Qnap.pl

I have tried to install the package from the Qnap club.eu and Qnap.net.pl without success .

Version: rtorrent_0.9.6-0503-170503_x86_64.qpkg

I can see in the logs that rtorrent user is created, but when I check "Users" in the management tool of QST I cant find rtorrent user anywhere?

Logs also shows:

Error 2017/07/19 13:31:10 rtorrent 127.0.0.1 localhost (err!) rtorrent: Download share not found or not ready.
For legacy devices with Q prefixed mounts such as 5809, create new share folder 'Download' and point it to defaults 'Qdownload' share.

Wersja oprogramowania Firmware: 4.3.3.0238 20170703
Model serwera: QNAP TVS-673

If I try open the rtorrent via the icon menu on the desktop in QST, I see its opening a windows , but all white.. nothing happends.

What am I doing wrong? :)

Kind regards

Morphy
Located the error :)

MEDIA CENTER HAVE TO BE ENABLED for Rtorrent to work. :)

Dear Qnap.pl

I have tried to install the package from the Qnap club.eu and Qnap.net.pl without success .

Version: rtorrent_0.9.6-0503-170503_x86_64.qpkg

I can see in the logs that rtorrent user is created, but when I check "Users" in the management tool of QST I cant find rtorrent user anywhere?

Logs also shows:

Error 2017/07/19 13:31:10 rtorrent 127.0.0.1 localhost (err!) rtorrent: Download share not found or not ready.
For legacy devices with Q prefixed mounts such as 5809, create new share folder 'Download' and point it to defaults 'Qdownload' share.

Wersja oprogramowania Firmware: 4.3.3.0238 20170703
Model serwera: QNAP TVS-673

If I try open the rtorrent via the icon menu on the desktop in QST, I see its opening a windows , but all white.. nothing happends.

What am I doing wrong? :)

Kind regards

Morphy
Located the error :)

MEDIA CENTER HAVE TO BE ENABLED for Rtorrent to work. :)

What do you mean by media center?

Just create Download share!

Just create Download share!

Hi Silas :)

A pleasure to meet you.

Well I tried, but somehow I couldn't get it to work :( .

After I removed the flag in Control Panel -> General settings -> System Administration "Deactivate and hide multimedia functions (includes media libraries etc ). When I removed the flag, I could install your package without problems. :)

But I encounter two minor problems (warn) rtorrent: watchdog svc: monitorix is down. Relaunching..

Get the error when server is starting up / rebooting. Everything seems to work though :) .

And then I get (warn) rtorrent: Update is available .2017.0430.0 ( current 2017.0503.0) . Download update etc..

Isn't this the latest version 2017.0503.0 ?

Running QTS. 4.3.3.0262 build 20170727 now

Thanks Silas for the great App . Best app so far for QNAP :)

Kind regards

Morphy

After I removed the flag in Control Panel -> General settings -> System Administration "Deactivate and hide multimedia functions (includes media libraries etc ). When I removed the flag, I could install your package without problems. :)
Yeah, because when multimedia functions are disabled then Download share is not available. So if you want to keep multimedia functions disabled and use rtorrent then simply create Download share manually otherwise enable multimedia functions and disable not necessary services in QNAP.

But I encounter two minor problems (warn) rtorrent: watchdog svc: monitorix is down. Relaunching..

Get the error when server is starting up / rebooting. Everything seems to work though :) .
Yeah! Watchdog is trying to keep Monitorix running. It is a hidden feature of rtorrent and to be honest it is not related to rtorrent at all. So if that error is not annyoing you and its not announced so frequently then forgot about it.
What Monitorix is? Yeah thats good question... Let me show it by telling you to check if its running on port 6007 by opening the browser and typing address like this: http://my_nas_ip:6007.
You should see some welcome screen and then graphs like on the img bellow:
upload_2017-8-7_1-2-42.png
But as I said... Its not related to rtorrent at all. Its health/stats app :)

And then I get (warn) rtorrent: Update is available .2017.0430.0 ( current 2017.0503.0) . Download update etc..

Isn't this the latest version 2017.0503.0 ?

Running QTS. 4.3.3.0262 build 20170727 now
Yeah, but I'm too lazy to update last version build on server |-)
But I just did right now...
:Dumny:
So in a future you shouldn't see it anymore until I'll do an update of rtorrent again ;)

Thanks Silas for the great App . Best app so far for QNAP :)
Thank you.
These words are always motivating me! If you think you can donate app by transwire money, then dont hesitate.

Have a good week.
Cheers!
Silas

Hi Silas.

Sorry for my late reply :) .

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice feed back , very much appreciated.

I got all up and running - the only thing that makes a bit of noise for me is.:

If I manually change my download folder to ex. /share/Media/etc. bla bla.. in to the rtorrent.conf file, the system automatically makes duppes or is it hardlinks its called? I seem to recall something about hardlinks, it download the file, you can put it anywhere and then delete, and keep seeding or something? Is that correct :) ? .

The thing is I found out - if I dont change the download directory in the rtorrent.conf, just leave it be, and then manually add a download folder of my own choice when adding torrent or via RSS feed.. the system dont makes dupes or hardlinks ( which I prefer ) .. is there any way to disable that by default? I know you speak highly of hardlinks, but .. I like the old way :) im old school , and not used to hardlinkes.. dupes .

How much are people donating to you? Euros? And it is possible to do via PayPal?

And last question from the "noob" here :) ... when you release updates - can I just install the new package and settings etc are kept safe from earlier versions? Is there any update guides or something that I/we users needs to be aware of?

Have a nice summer or at least the end of it :)

Kind regards

Morphy

If I manually change my download folder to ex. /share/Media/etc. bla bla.. in to the rtorrent.conf file, the system automatically makes duppes or is it hardlinks its called? I seem to recall something about hardlinks, it download the file, you can put it anywhere and then delete, and keep seeding or something? Is that correct :) ? .
yeah. Hardlink is like a ... 0-byte copy of each file and its physically deleted in the moment when its last "copy" (hardlink) is removed from the volume. So in fact there is no master file and links to them. All files are like master. Doesnt matter how many hardlinks you made to file "MASTER". Each hardlink is master. But when you delete one by one, the Master one is that one, which is last on the volume system.

How much are people donating to you? Euros? And it is possible to do via PayPal?
Thats good question. Paypal was blocked several times because of the name torrent in the donation. So in fact there are no donation for that project for about +1 year. Would you donate this project?

And last question from the "noob" here :) ... when you release updates - can I just install the new package and settings etc are kept safe from earlier versions? Is there any update guides or something that I/we users needs to be aware of?
Not really. Some basic settings like dl/ul speed, login & password, connection settings are restored to default one.

Have a nice summer or at least the end of it :)

Kind regards

Morphy
Thanks m8

Thanks for the reply Silas :)

Well was thinking about it .. its a great piece of software . And the work you put into it deserves a coin or two :) .

Going on vacation tomorrow morning .. yay .
So will be absent the next 2 weeks .

Kind Regards

Morphy

Thats good question. Paypal was blocked several times because of the name torrent in the donation. So in fact there are no donation for that project for about +1 year. Would you donate this project?

Why not create PayPal account for all your QNAP projects and you dont have to write anywhere word "torrent", to be honest for people that want to support Your projects doesn't matter how You will call it, it's fine with us until money will drop into Your pocket Mariusz. Think about it, because I already wrote couple months ago that I would like to send couple of euros also for your hard work, but until no PayPal account I can't.

Why not create PayPal account for all your QNAP projects and you dont have to write anywhere word "torrent", to be honest for people that want to support Your projects doesn't matter how You will call it, it's fine with us until money will drop into Your pocket Mariusz. Think about it, because I already wrote couple months ago that I would like to send couple of euros also for your hard work, but until no PayPal account I can't.

Simple - when some revokes payment to you , Paypal causes so much problems it's not worth mentioning - so it was decided that we are not using it as donation drive.

• Lubię to
Reakcje: Silas Mariusz
Ok :( sad .

By the way.. I seem to have a problem with RSS not updating unless I manually Update Feeds in Rtorrent.? Came home from vacation yesterday, my Plex library had no new items. Thought it was rather odd. Checked the trackers and they did publish.

Used my IPhone to login to Rtorrent , dont update, then I updated and voila ... tons of torrents started downloading.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

Morphy

are they set to auto update ?
btw: there's great tool called FlexGet
i'm using it to push some troublesome torrents from rss to torrent client
here's actual config for my usage:
YAML:
tasks:
  horriblesubs:
    rss:  'https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&q=%5BCCM%5D+Kakegurui&c=1_2&f=0'
    series: