badbrad

Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
15 Sierpień 2017
QNAP
TS-x79 Pro
Ethernet
100 Mbps
I am running rtorrent-Pro 0.9.6-A229 on a Qnap TS-669Pro with 4.3.4.0695 opsys. I have run a number of earlier versions of rtorrent previous to this one, and notwithstanding minor problems, they downloaded torrents. This version suddenly stopped any downloading. I have uninstalled/reinstalled it and later/earlier versions, to no avail. None of them will download anything any longer. I have tried with and without a vpn (Nord). I have opened ports in my firewall (Comodo - Win 10).

What might the problem be? Have I downloaded some type of "bad" torrent that has stopped rtorrent functioning?

I would like to try a completely fresh install of rtorrent in this Qnap. Where are the rtorrent files located in the qnap opsys? I have many torrents that are partially downloaded, that I don't want to lose. How can I do a fresh install, yet put the torrents/magnets back in to the directory, so rtorrent can "pick up" downloading these torrents where they left off? Thank you for your assistance!

Firmware version: 4.3.4.0695
Model name: QNAP TS-669Pro

I would like to try a completely fresh install of rtorrent in this Qnap. Where are the rtorrent files located in the qnap opsys?
Stop rtorrent.
Go to the Download/rtorrent or Rdownload share and make a copy of session directory where are sessions are stored.
Once you do that remove all directories inside.
Reinstall rtorrent.

I would like to try a completely fresh install of rtorrent in this Qnap. Where are the rtorrent files located in the qnap opsys?
Stop rtorrent.
Go to the Download/rtorrent or Rdownload share and make a copy of session directory where are sessions are stored.
Once you do that remove all directories inside.
Reinstall rtorrent.

Thanks Silas, for these instructions. To clarify, using windows file explorer, once I make a copy of "Download/rtorrent/session", I remove all directories under "Download/rtorrent", then reinstall rtorrent, and copy "session" back to its' original place where its' directory was?

When rtorrent-Pro is uninstalled under the Qnap App Center, are all rtorrent program files and directories removed from the internal qnap operating system (that is accessed with putty/ssh)? In other words, if all rtorrent-Pro directories are removed from "Download" with Win Explorer, and then rtorrent-Pro is removed with the Qnap App Center; then is rtorrent-Pro completely removed and ready for a fresh install?

Using putty, where is the rtorrent-Pro program installed on the Qnap nas? Where is the subdirectory located?

To your knowledge, have there been any instances where torrents/magnets that were downloaded to rtorrent-Pro, have damaged or stopped its' function? Is there any way I can look through the "session" directory, and find a malicious or damaged torrent that is causing problems?

Thank you again, Silas, for your assistance! I will try your instructions in the morning (you are 8 hours ahead of me in California!).

Best Regards,
Brad

To your knowledge, have there been any instances where torrents/magnets that were downloaded to rtorrent-Pro, have damaged or stopped its' function? Is there any way I can look through the "session" directory, and find a malicious or damaged torrent that is causing problems?
you need to restore torrents in part , till you find out broken one

usually people do it by halves , they split folder content by half , put one part in sessions folder and start it - if works, great
if not, you have broken torrent there - you take away half of current session folder and move away other part - do that till you get broken one.
usually there's one borked torrent ..

• Lubię to
Reakcje: Silas Mariusz
Thanks Silas, for these instructions. To clarify, using windows file explorer, once I make a copy of "Download/rtorrent/session", I remove all directories under "Download/rtorrent", then reinstall rtorrent, and copy "session" back to its' original place where its' directory was?
Probably this will restore the issue again. Since torrent status are saved in session files.

When rtorrent-Pro is uninstalled under the Qnap App Center, are all rtorrent program files and directories removed from the internal qnap operating system (that is accessed with PuTTY/FAQ SSH)? In other words, if all rtorrent-Pro directories are removed from "Download" with Win Explorer, and then rtorrent-Pro is removed with the Qnap App Center; then is rtorrent-Pro completely removed and ready for a fresh install?
Yes

Using PuTTY, where is the rtorrent-Pro program installed on the Qnap nas? Where is the subdirectory located?
You have to execute this to get the install path:
Bash:
getcfg -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf rtorrent Install_Path

To your knowledge, have there been any instances where torrents/magnets that were downloaded to rtorrent-Pro, have damaged or stopped its' function?
No.

Is there any way I can look through the "session" directory, and find a malicious or damaged torrent that is causing problems?
Not really.

I can assist you right now by teamviewer. Catch my PM.

Probably this will restore the issue again. Since torrent status are saved in session files.

When rtorrent-Pro is uninstalled under the Qnap App Center, are all rtorrent program files and directories removed from the internal qnap operating system (that is accessed with PuTTY/FAQ SSH)? In other words, if all rtorrent-Pro directories are removed from "Download" with Win Explorer, and then rtorrent-Pro is removed with the Qnap App Center; then is rtorrent-Pro completely removed and ready for a fresh install?
Yes

Using PuTTY, where is the rtorrent-Pro program installed on the Qnap nas? Where is the subdirectory located?
Bash:

To your knowledge, have there been any instances where torrents/magnets that were downloaded to rtorrent-Pro, have damaged or stopped its' function?
No.

Is there any way I can look through the "session" directory, and find a malicious or damaged torrent that is causing problems?
Not really.

Thanks for your reply, Silas. I saved my whole rtorrent directory (changed directory name) and uninstalled/reinstalled rtorrent A504. I've also uninstalled this and reinstalled A426. Both versions download a few gigabytes, then stop. I have to stop rtorrent, and then start it again to get it to resume downloading; but then it stops again shortly. The torrents I'm downloading have lots of seeds (hundreds), but I can't achieve the top speed of my connection like I could previously with rtorrent. We used to have a 1.2MB/s connection which would max out at 1.6MB/s downloading with rtorrent. Just upgraded to a 6.25MB/s speed which will max at 8.125MB/s. Downloading with rtorrent will only get to about 5MB/s now, and only briefly before it stops all downloading.

rtorrent has given these error messages - "Bad response from server: (0 [error,getratios])", "Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) Link to XMLRPC failed. May be, rTorrent is down?", and this error message keeps flashing up - "system connection logs - warning - root login fail (ssh)". Is there any other information I can give you from the logs that would assist troubleshooting?

Any idea of what could be the problem with this fresh install of rtorrent? Since you are 8 hours ahead of me in California, would you give me some times you would be available to remote in with Teamviewer? Thanks for your offer of assistance, Silas!

usually people do it by halves , they split folder content by half , put one part in sessions folder and start it - if works, great
if not, you have broken torrent there - you take away half of current session folder and move away other part - do that till you get broken one.

Thanks pigers, I haven't gotten this fresh install of rtorrent to properly sustain downloading yet, so I haven't tried this method of re-introducing previous torrents. I do remember a long time ago, doing something like this and I think I was adding back in about 10 torrents at a time. Could you clarify how this is done? Do I just put the old torrents back in the session folder, and rtorrent just picks them up and continues downloading them? Or is there something else I have to do as well as this?

In your experience, what does a "borked" torrent do to rtorrent? Does it stop everything downloading, or just not download that particular "borked" torrent, or ? Thanks for your clarification, pigers!

Yes

Bash:

No.

Not really.

Thanks for your reply, Silas. I saved my whole rtorrent directory (changed directory name) and uninstalled/reinstalled rtorrent A504. I've also uninstalled this and reinstalled A426. Both versions download a few gigabytes, then stop. I have to stop rtorrent, and then start it again to get it to resume downloading; but then it stops again shortly. The torrents I'm downloading have lots of seeds (hundreds), but I can't achieve the top speed of my connection like I could previously with rtorrent. We used to have a 1.2MB/s connection which would max out at 1.6MB/s downloading with rtorrent. Just upgraded to a 6.25MB/s speed which will max at 8.125MB/s. Downloading with rtorrent will only get to about 5MB/s now, and only briefly before it stops all downloading.

rtorrent has given these error messages - "Bad response from server: (0 [error,getratios])", "Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) Link to XMLRPC failed. May be, rTorrent is down?", JS error: [http://192.168.2.108:6009/ui/rtorrent/js/jquery.js line 2 > eval : 7734] TypeError: value is undefined , and this error message keeps flashing up - "system connection logs - warning - root login fail (ssh)". Is there any other information I can give you from the logs that would assist troubleshooting?

Any idea of what could be the problem with this fresh install of rtorrent? Since you are 8 hours ahead of me in California, would you give me some times you would be available to remote in with Teamviewer? Thanks for your offer of assistance, Silas!

Thanks pigers, I haven't gotten this fresh install of rtorrent to properly sustain downloading yet, so I haven't tried this method of re-introducing previous torrents. I do remember a long time ago, doing something like this and I think I was adding back in about 10 torrents at a time. Could you clarify how this is done? Do I just put the old torrents back in the session folder, and rtorrent just picks them up and continues downloading them? Or is there something else I have to do as well as this?

In your experience, what does a "borked" torrent do to rtorrent? Does it stop everything downloading, or just not download that particular "borked" torrent, or ? Thanks for your clarification, pigers!

rtorrent has given these error messages - "Bad response from server: (0 [error,getratios])", "Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) Link to XMLRPC failed. May be, rTorrent is down?", and this error message keeps flashing up - "system connection logs - warning - root login fail (FAQ SSH)". Is there any other information I can give you from the logs that would assist troubleshooting?
It's normal while the service is restarting or saving settings.

Have you seen my PM?

rtorrent has given these error messages - "Bad response from server: (0 [error,getratios])", "Bad response from server: (500 [error,list]) Link to XMLRPC failed. May be, rTorrent is down?", and this error message keeps flashing up - "system connection logs - warning - root login fail (FAQ SSH)". Is there any other information I can give you from the logs that would assist troubleshooting?

Have you seen my PM?

Thanks for your reply, Silas! Is your "PM" a message in the inbox? Or should I be receiving a link sent to my email from this forum? Is there something not enabled, so I'm not seeing/receiving PMs from this forum? If your PM is the message in the forum inbox, because of the time difference, what time are you available? Thanks for this.

Even well after restarting or saving setting changes, the warning "root login fail (faq ssh)" error continues to repeatedly come up. What does this mean?

Is there a faq/sticky/documentation somewhere that explains the operation of rtorrent and all its' features? I'm assuming under the Seeds and Peers' columns, that the number in parentheses is the total number of seeds/peers available, and the number to the left is the number connected? Is it normal for rtorrent to only connect to 1 or 2 of the seeds listed in parentheses? In my rtorrent, whether a torrent has hundreds, thousands, or single/double digit number of seeds, it only seems to connect to 1 or 2 at a time.

By starting and stopping rtorrent over and over again, I've finally been able to complete a number of torrents that had thousands or hundreds of seeds. Right now there are some torrents with seeds in the 20s and 30s that are only connecting to 1 seed. There is another one that has over a hundred seeds, but is not connecting/downloading. Is this normal/proper operation for rtorrent? Do you think this problem is an rtorrent problem, or could it be my isp? I am using Nord vpn, but could ATT isp be disconnecting/blocking after a short period of time or a certain amount of data downloaded?

Thank you Silas, for your assistance with this downloading problem!

Have you seen my PM?

In addition to the seeds question previously, I've also done some reading about trackers and see that for those torrents that have plenty of seeds, the trackers status under the "General" tab is either blank, or says "could not resolve hostname" or "unable to connect to UDP tracker". Some that started to download, albeit very slowly, continue to say "unable to connect to UDP tracker" or are just blank. Is this what rtorrent is supposed to look like, or does this tracker status indicate the downloading problem? I have tried adding retrackers from the most current torrenttrackerslist.com. It doesn't appear to help the downloading problem. Thank you!

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. Bad response from server
  2. rtorrent Tracker: [could not resolve hostname]