Passing Basics
Beginner
17 Styczeń 2020
QNAP
TS-x51+
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hi

I notice that the watch and complete folders are populated with a bunch of organisational folders by default (anime, couchpotato, game etc), and if I delete these they repopulate when rTorrent is re-launched.

I have my own way of organising my folders and download directories and these default folders are making it much harder to manage my torrents. I would love a way to prevent them from being created.

Also, I already have a share called 'Download' (A QNAP default share) which has subfolders for different apps eg Deluge, rTorrent, Transmission etc

rTorrent files download into Download/rtorrent/downloads but when they have finished they never move to Download/rtorrent/complete. I have to right-click on them and move them there manually.

Is this a side effect of not using a share called 'Rtorrent'? If so is there any way around this limitation or do I have to change my share name to make it play nicely with rtorrent?

Although this is a fantastic app I would really like a bit more flexibility around how users can set up their drives/folders. My 'complete' folder looks like this:

rtorrent-folders.png

I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism - it's a fantastic application, but not all of us organise our files the same way. I prefer my downloads to all go into one folder, then I move them to a separate media share where I categorise them at a very high level (movies, documentaries, tv, sport). I don't really use the watch folder at all as I have associated magnet files with rtorrent, so a simple click gets them downloading.

Thanks

v

Firmware version: 4.4.1.1146
Model name: QNAP TS-451+
Router: Asus RT-AC87U (wired connection)
Browser: Chrome

Rtorrent-Pro was designed to automate downloads and organize data as much as possible.

rTorrent files download into Download/rtorrent/downloads but when they have finished they never move to Download/rtorrent/complete. I have to right-click on them and move them there manually.
This is because you probably disabled autotools. Please remove Download/rtorrent/settings/users directory to restore settings.

Is this a side effect of not using a share called 'Rtorrent'? If so is there any way around this limitation or do I have to change my share name to make it play nicely with rtorrent?
No. This is because you disabled autotools hardlinks.

I hope this doesn't come across as a criticism - it's a fantastic application, but not all of us organise our files the same way. I prefer my downloads to all go into one folder, then I move them to a separate media share where I categorise them at a very high level (movies, documentaries, tv, sport). I don't really use the watch folder at all as I have associated magnet files with rtorrent, so a simple click gets them downloading.

Thanks
To be honest rtorrent-Pro is designed to be use with private trackers where you have to download .torrent file and put it in watch directory. This is best way to manage downloading data. It helps in 90% users of rtorrent-Pro. There is no reason to use rtorrent-Pro if you use public torrents and download magnet links. Its simply not useful.

Please try to change a look how you see torrents and downloading data.

Thanks for your reply Silas, and sorry for being slow getting back to you - work stuff...

I do use private trackers as well (Demonoid, Revolution, rutorrent), but I don't use 'couchpotato' (I know what it does, I just prefer to binge-watch rather than have a week between episodes), nor do I watch kids movies or anime. I also have no intention of seeding forever, just until a 2:1 ratio is achieved. I would more likely create folders for each tracker rather than genre folders.

The other reason someone might use this is because, in my experience at least, the speeds are superior to desktop clients. Also it means I don't need to have my desktop running 24/7. Finally the web interface is simpler to access than other desktop clients, most of which don't have a web interface at all.

I just wish there was a checkbox to not create your default folders so I can create my own, that's all.

Anyway, regardless, it's a great piece of software and I am grateful that you take the time to develop and support it.

Thanks

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. folder watch