McHaggis69

Passing Basics
Beginner
4 Wrzesień 2022
QNAP
TS-x51
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hi, I have RTorrentPro purchased here recently and installed on my QNAP TS251A.
Its all working but I have 3 questions just to finalise the setup -

1 - I get a constant warning from my QNAP - "Message: (warn) rtorrent: Cannot retrieve current version file..."
How do I fix that?

2 - Again, another regular warning - "Message: (warn) rtorrent: Cannot retrieve ipfilter list file..."
I can't even see in RTorrentPro settings where the IPFilter list settings reside. How do I sort this?

3 - A more general question. I have a 1Gb Fibre (up and down) connection, so plenty bandwidth.
What would be the suggested optimum settings for 'Downloads' and 'Connection'? I am currently using -

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 09.35.14.png

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 09.35.23.png

I can't seem to change Global Max up and down to 0 (unlimited). It keeps changing back to 327625?

Here are my speedtest results on Ookla in Kbps -

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 09.39.49.png

Załączniki

• Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 09.35.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 09.35.23.png
    62,7 KB · Wyświetleń: 5
3. Yes. Makes no sense to limiting data while transfers are so big. This requires memory allocation. Mechanism of Rtorrent is to download data directly and store it on a disks using mmap function. To avoid unnecessary CPU/MEM utilization its impossible to limit data. Instead please use nolimit function.

2. Cant download ipfilter

1. Cant check current version (ping pool.qnapclub.pl)

1667556431435.png

Check your internet connection, dns settings first.

OK - thanks - I had completely overlooked the 'settings' page on the admin front end.

I've also updated my QNAP DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - they were causing other issues with QNAP updates so hopefully that will resolve Q 1 and Q 2.

Looks like RTorrent is set to use max upload and download speed available too which is fine. I just wondered about all the other peer/seeds/slots settings to maximise performance.

Looks like RTorrent is set to use max upload and download speed available too which is fine. I just wondered about all the other peer/seeds/slots settings to maximise performance.
Tune them only if you are not able to reach correct speeds.

Make sure to use Kernel boost:
1667560515242.png

This is absolutely necessary.
This modify some sysctl settings for network buffers in common Linux settings.
Dont turn it off otherwise download/upload will get slower and will cause disk constantly reading and writing. Makre sure to have at least extra 512Mb of RAM when using this feature.

• Lubię to
Reakcje: McHaggis69

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. rtorrent
  2. unlimited
  3. rtorrent cannot retrieve current version
  4. rtorrent: Cannot retrieve current version file...
  5. ipfilter
  6. qnapclub
  7. rtorrent pro
  8. rtorrent rss
  9. ipfilter list
  10. rtorrent admin
  11. Rtorrentpro