11 Marzec 2019
Australia
QNAP
TS-x69 Pro
Ethernet
1 GbE
Firmware version: 4.3.4.0820 Build 20190102
Model name: QNAP TS-869Pro

I purchased this program today and was a little disappointed that the upgrade was not simple and there some little issues still lingering.

When I tried to install it said it couldn't cause the name was already in use and I needed to uninstall the current version, the issue with that was the old rTorrent icon was missing. I restarted the QNAP and old icon reappeared which allowed me to uninstall it and then install the new version.

However, I then went about reading about directories and filebot and got that all sorted but my torrents would not seed even after rescanning and reinitializing my finished torrents. Thus I have cleaned out all of my finished torrents and started again and it is working, it need a clean out anyway.

But, when I go into the options I can't check my directories as I still have the introduction text event though I have gone through the process of setting up the directories as it recommended. Any thoughts on this one?

Then I find that to use the full functionality of the program (rTorrent) I have to fork out another $60 to use filebot, no thanks.

And on a side note to join the forums you have to agree to some rules and regulations before you can post and that in of itself is fine, however it is in a foreign language even though I have my page set to English. I hope I don't break any of them, lol.

Rules are not written in english - that is fine

Welcome to real world ...

I have to fork out another $60 to use filebot
But filebot is 3rd part script. I only use it to copy/move downloaded torrent to media library - for this it free. For rest prefer plex/kodi.

When I tried to install it said it couldn't cause the name was already in use and I needed to uninstall the current version, the issue with that was the old rTorrent icon was missing. I restarted the QNAP and old icon reappeared which allowed me to uninstall it and then install the new version.
QNAP issue.

However, I then went about reading about directories and filebot and got that all sorted but my torrents would not seed even after rescanning and reinitializing my finished torrents. ...
Rescan finished torrents and Reinitialize finished torrents is not an troubleshooter function, but its related to movie/tv only.

Thus I have cleaned out all of my finished torrents and started again and it is working, it need a clean out anyway.
and here is mess you made.
Why?

Probably you had some mess with download paths. And today when rtorrent-Pro support additional Rdownload share there could be some inconsistency in the data location. Solution was to move data in the place where is expected by rtorrent-Pro. Thats all.

But, when I go into the options I can't check my directories as I still have the introduction text event though I have gone through the process of setting up the directories as it recommended. Any thoughts on this one?
Do you think there is some magic wand to do a click, and turn on mic recording to listen for some spells? Spells like: "Abracadabra, hide all config guides, show me directory settings.".
Nope.
Is it really hard to understand that for better compatibility with other QNAP apps download location is managed by NAS OS?
- In the past: Download share (path managed by system - QTS OS)
- Today: Rdownload share (path managed by user in QTS OS) [when Rdowload share is not present, then fallback to legacy Download share (path managed by system - QTS OS)]
So any good reason why download location should be managed in two place same time?

Then I find that to use the full functionality of the program (rTorrent) I have to fork out another $60 to use filebot, no thanks.
Oh Man! What a bullshit youre saying.
1. There is 1 year license for €6 - maybe better start with this one?
2. FileBot (Media Library - is an extra option. You can use it to keep your movie and tv mess clean, or doing this manually... your choice. )
3. In my opinion both rtorrent-Pro and Filebot could cost at least $100 USD. This price have sense especially when:
- need to reply and explain basics people like you
- need to write more docs for people like you

And on a side note to join the forums you have to agree to some rules and regulations before you can post and that in of itself is fine, however it is in a foreign language even though I have my page set to English. I hope I don't break any of them, lol.
ROTFL
Funny that language yeah? :D

But guess whats more funny:
- You came here, probably spent sometime
- another 10 minutes spent in registration process
- in the registration process you and your browser tab was stuck for few minutes focused onto forum rules&terms written in language you dont understand
- and after all awaited for confirmation e-mail to validate your account
- ... and next half hour you spent to wrote half page about that how life fucks you

I will tell you the trick which next time will solve all your problems. Read "introduction text", guides, docs included in...