Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
8 Lipiec 2015
QNAP
TS-x59 Pro II
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hi,
First of all, I apologise in advance if I posted this message in the wrong place, but my Polish is null and I can't really tell where I should be posting this question about rtorrent.
My rtorrent is currently loaded with about 1000 torrents, so it runs quite slow. So slow that svc_watchdog was detecting rtorrent as being down from time to time, so it kept restarting the process causing corrupted session files and other nuisances.
I tried to temporarily disable svc_watchdog to verify the issue by increasing its triggering frequency from this (*/1 * * * *):

local _svc_watchdog_cron="*/1 * * * * ${_prog_path}/${PROGNAME} svc_watchdog"

...to this (0 0 0 5 *):

local _svc_watchdog_cron="0 0 0 5 * ${_prog_path}/${PROGNAME} svc_watchdog"

After doing so rtorrent started to run smoothly without restarting.
Also, I noticed that when I started the app from Qnap's App Center, the on/off slider would go back to its off position as if the starting process would be failing but you could see the process running under Qnap's Resource Monitor. In a second start up attempts the on/off button would stay in the on position and Qnap's log would show that rtorrent app was already started.
I think my problem has to do with the amount of time svc_watchdog waits to get rtorrent's running status and thinks that the process is down initiating the restart procedure as a result.

How can increment that delay?

Thanks!
Pablo