Recent Content by buggy82

1. B

BIOS TS-X51,TS-X53

Yes, the Qnap Wiki method works perfectly. The file here also flashed successfully. Other than it is a bit outdated, I really have no clue why this BIOS file here did not work on my TS-651. I stated the link to the official current BIOS version for QW37 boards in my first post above. Its...
  2. B

BIOS TS-X51,TS-X53

When I´m done writing my HowTo, you will also be able to fix devices with completely dead BIOSes (aka bricked mainboards) using the undocumented JSPI1 connector on the mainboard.
  3. B

BIOS TS-X51,TS-X53

That is how I flashed this file here (QW37AR22.BIN). The update process completed successfully. Unfortunately, afterwards the device was dead. This is the guide I followed: How to flash BIOS if USB function is disable - QNAPedia I fixed the device by SPI flashing the correct BIOS version...
  4. B

BIOS TS-X51,TS-X53

Its out of warranty anyway. So yes. Just read post about BIOS recovery options, but I´m not sure which ones can be done on this board. Some boards have recovery jumpers or a persistent boot-block BIOS, which one can use to flash via floppy disks.
  5. B

BIOS TS-X51,TS-X53

Had problems fixing a failed firmware update via USB, so disabled "USB 3 support" in BIOS. Bad idea. This setting does not disable "USB 3 support" but all USB ports completely. In former times you could remove the battery and CMOS is empty, but this new UEFI BIOS saves the settings in persistent...
  6. B

BIOS TS-X51,TS-X53

Flashed this one on my TS-651. Flashing was successful, but device is dead when starting (No screen/LEDs). Qnap support recommended a newer BIOS file, which they host here: http://eu1.qnap.com/Storage/tsd/bios/QW37AR32.zip Now I have to find a way to get this on my dead device...