Beginner
7 Sierpień 2019
QNAP
TVS-x71
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hi,

Can you please help me fix the following 2 issues I am getting with rTorrent:
  1. I receive the following warning "(warn) rtorrent: watchdog svc: rtorrent is down. Relaunching..."
    Sometimes it occurs every minute. Sometimes it doesn't occur for a day or two.
    I turned off DHT but I mostly use public trackers and would like to turn DHT back on if that would improve performance.

2. Downloads only run for ~15 mins after startup (and then stop).
    I cannot get rTorrent to download properly on an ongoing basis. I have no idea what it wrong. Downloading via Qtransmission or QNAP's QDownload works fine (and will download large files without stopping), but I want to use rTorrent for this (hence I bought it :p).

My connection is only 1.8MB (down)/50KB (up), but everything works fine if I stick within those limits.

I purchased rTorrent a few months ago and have had this issue the entire time. I hoped things would resolve with a new version of rTorrent or QNAP firmware, but this hasn't happened, so clearly the issue is with my setup itself.

I haven't found a solution in this forum, so any help is greatly appreciated as rTorrent is currently sitting idle most of the time for me.

rTorrent Pro version: 0.9.7-0912
Model name: QNAP TVS 671 i3-3GHz 8GB (firmware 4.4.1.1117)

OK ..and ThanksB-)
Unfortunately Australia's internet is rather bad in some areas.
Hi again,
Just wondering... are there any ways/tools to check which torrents were corrupt/problematic?

I have about 900 that I need to retry, but (as you've shown me) some of them break rutorrent.
I added a few manually and they worked great...but there must have been some corrupt ones in the next batch as rutorrent stopped DLing again. I looked at the logs like you demonstrated earlier, but couldn't find any hints as to which torrents it was.

I was hoping there's a way I could dump all torrents (or a many at a time) into an app/?? to check which are the corrupt ones (and delete them).
Then I'd add the remainder to rutorrent and it'd grab most of what I was planning.

Cheers again.