forum.qnap.net.pl
QNAP
TS-x77
Ethernet
1 GbE
Howdy folks,

Time to introduce yet another QPKG ...

[Description]
Xeams is a secure & powerful mail server for Windows, Linux, Solaris, MacOSX and other flavors or UNIX, which supports SMTP, POP3, and IMAP. It includes a powerful spam/junk filtering engine that elimates up to 99% of junk email right out of the box.
Xeams can be run in 3 different configurations:
- Full Email Server - No other email server is required
- Spam Wirewall - Processes junk emails and forwards good messages to another email server, such as Microsoft Exchange, Sendmail or Novel Groupwise.
- Hybrid Mode - A combination of both options providing redundancy to your email infrastructure.

On top of that it can take advantage of the new clamav antivirus feature introduced by the 3.5.0 firmware so it can scan your emails and comes with pre-configured roundcube as a webmail client. Also, Xeams comes with support for SSL for the POP3 and IMAP protocols.

[Installation]
You need to have firmware version 3.5.0 Beta or higher(when available).
Download and install the QPKG.
Click on the QPKG link in the Nas web interface to be taken to the Xeams configuration page.
After setting up the server make sure to update it, this can be done via the Xeams web interface.
*Note - Because the QPKG comes with roundcube as webmail client and roundcube uses Mysql as backend to save users settings the QPKG script will automatically create a new user and db name xeamsroundcube and a 12 character random password that can be found in /share/Qweb/xwebmail/config/db.inc.php. During the installtion of this QPKG, the mysql server will be restarted several times.
In order to access the roundcube web interface, make sure your Web server is enabled and then open your favorite browser and navigate to http://NAS_IP_ADDRESS/xwebmail.

[Release Information]
Build1
Xeams 4.4 - build 5675
Roundcube - 0.5.3

[Downloads Section]
Intel x86 - Dropbox or MultiUpload

[Other thoughts]
I managed to get this to work with emails going back and forward internally, I tried to configure it to work with free DDNS server but I think because the service was not providing mx support in my DNS it never worked. If anyone gets this running maybe he/she will post a how to on that.
Even if is built on Java, I didn't release a ARM version because the general version that is provided on the xeams site fails to start because of some missing classes, so sorry ...
Just to get you started and test this, I would suggest disabling the filters set it up and then play with those. It has a tendency to flag everything as Junk when learning so be patient with it ...
A good source of information on how to configure this software can be found here

Big thanks to SL1000 for the automated mysql script ... works like a charm :)

Like usual, problems, feedback please post ...

Pokaż załącznik adb_tt_DwcAl4k

Cristian.

• Lubię to
Reakcje: QNAP
Welcome. Does anyone know why when I try to send a large message I get the error message "exceeded the global message size limit on the server (20971520 bytes). How to change it so that I can send larger messages. Besides, if I can set the maximum size of a mailbox for each user.