"And oh, what great storage it is! To keep a...

"And oh, what great storage it is! To keep a slim profile, QNAP enabled four M.2 SATA storage ports (with the 2280 form factor). We suspect the system will be very fast, even when distributing several 4K videos through the network. The Intel Braswell quad-core processor enables the system to stream multimedia files to other network devices and even mobile drives like tablets at remote locations."
aexternal_xx_fbcdn_net_safe_image_php_372f24d3803fb76f9239ae22219a448e._.png

Now create us a 1U appliance with 10/40/100GBE connectivity and 48 M.2 slots. I'd buy one tomorrow if it was under 10K.

I wonder who the target customer is for this device? Equipping it with a decent amount of disk (SSD) should be VERY expensive, and who besides home users have a need to distribute several 4K video streams simultaneously? Am I missing something here?

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. Psalms 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth Malachi 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts. Exodus 35:8 And oil for the light, and spices for anointing oil, and for the sweet incense, Revelation 18:23.... for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. Two Floridians get free marijuana for life -- from the feds Two Floridians get free marijuana for life -- from the feds !!

I wonder if it has the "Story Wall" that the QNAPS I just paid over $2000 has. Trying to do some mission critical data recovery - and a hipster friendly "story wall" comes up - is the Star Bucks crowd buying alot of NAS appliances?