M3Element

Passing Basics
Beginner
18 Sierpień 2020
QNAP
TVS-x82
Ethernet
1 GbE
Performing a force recheck on a torrent replaced the contents with a zero byte file.

Firmware version: 4.5.1.1480
Model name: QNAP TS-451+

Sorry I thought I had email notifications on and didn't realize you responded. This has happened before when I have tried cross seeding torrents or when I relocate the original torrent. I will right click on the torrent and click "Save to..." and redirect the torrent to whatever I am trying to cross seed or the new location of a torrent. I will then click "force recheck" and it appears rtorrent will create a zero byte file if I redirect the torrent to the wrong location or if the files don't match up. Somehow that zero byte file replaced the original file.
I just tested it and I can replicate what is happening. I will right click a fully functional torrent and click "Save to..." (Move Data Files is UNTOGGLED). I will set it to a random folder where I know the torrent isn't located (for this example I used a blank folder) and then I will click "Force Recheck". rTorrent then creates a zero byte file in that empty folder.

Załączniki

• Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 10.26.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 10.26.24 PM.png
    381,1 KB · Wyświetleń: 42
"Save to..." (Move Data Files is UNTOGGLED)
So you are chaning files locations. If files are not there (because move data is unselected) then it will try to redownload these files. Thats normal. I dont see any issue with this.
I am force rechecking and not actually restarting the downloads. I am aware if the files aren't there it will try to redownload but this is happening when the torrents are stopped. And it somehow replaced the original file even though the file was there.