Help Force recheck replaced file

Discussion in 'rtorrent-Pro' started by M3Element, Nov 21, 2020.

1. M3Element

M3Element Passing Basics Beginner

Local Time:
    10:01 AM
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Followers:
    QNAP:
    TS-x51+
    Ethernet:
    1 GbE
    TS-x51+ 1 GbE
    Performing a force recheck on a torrent replaced the contents with a zero byte file.

Firmware version: 4.5.1.1480
    Model name: QNAP TS-451+

2. Silas Mariusz

Silas Mariusz SysOp Administrator

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    Ratings:
    +1,790 / 37 / -8
    Followers:
    QNAP:
    TS-x77
    Ethernet:
    1 GbE
  3. M3Element

Local Time:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Followers:
    QNAP:
    TS-x51+
    Ethernet:
    1 GbE
    TS-x51+ 1 GbE
    Sorry I thought I had email notifications on and didn't realize you responded. This has happened before when I have tried cross seeding torrents or when I relocate the original torrent. I will right click on the torrent and click "Save to..." and redirect the torrent to whatever I am trying to cross seed or the new location of a torrent. I will then click "force recheck" and it appears rtorrent will create a zero byte file if I redirect the torrent to the wrong location or if the files don't match up. Somehow that zero byte file replaced the original file.
    --- Połączono posty, Nov 26, 2020 at 4:41 AM, Data oryginalnego postu: Nov 26, 2020 at 4:36 AM ---
    I just tested it and I can replicate what is happening. I will right click a fully functional torrent and click "Save to..." (Move Data Files is UNTOGGLED). I will set it to a random folder where I know the torrent isn't located (for this example I used a blank folder) and then I will click "Force Recheck". rTorrent then creates a zero byte file in that empty folder.

Attached Files:

4. Silas Mariusz

Silas Mariusz SysOp Administrator

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    Ratings:
    +1,790 / 37 / -8
    Followers:
    QNAP:
    TS-x77
    Ethernet:
    1 GbE
    TS-x77 1 GbE
    So you are chaning files locations. If files are not there (because move data is unselected) then it will try to redownload these files. Thats normal. I dont see any issue with this.

5. M3Element

Local Time:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Followers:
    QNAP:
    TS-x51+
    Ethernet:
    1 GbE
    TS-x51+ 1 GbE
    I am force rechecking and not actually restarting the downloads. I am aware if the files aren't there it will try to redownload but this is happening when the torrents are stopped. And it somehow replaced the original file even though the file was there.