Noobie
6 Marzec 2017
QNAP
TVS-ECxx80
Ethernet
10 GbE
Firmware version: 4.4.3.1354 Build: 20200702
Model name: QNAP TVS-EC1080+ & QNAP TS-1673U-RP

Updated from version A702 (with the faulty instantsearch) to version A708 on the TVS-EC1080+. After downloading, torrents get state "Finished". Trying to start them puts them in state "Paused", not "Seeding". Whatever I try, I can't get them in the state "Seeding". Downgraded back to version A702 and everything works again (except the instantsearch of course).
Also tried a clean install on a TS-1673U-RP with the same firmware version. Same result.

Greetings,
Paul

What do you mean with recheck A708?

Greetings,
Paul
I downloaded version A708 from the Qnapclub Store again and did a clean install on the TS-1673U-RP. Same result. However, I noticed the following. If I start a "Finished" torrent in ruTorrent and it goes to the state "Pausing", The same torrent is "Started" in Flood and "Seeding" in Avalanche.

Help please.

Greetings,
Paul

Tomorrow morning we can try to figure it out by TeamViewer

OK for me. Please, warn me 1 hour in advance.

Greetings,
Paul
I think I've narrowed down the problem. I did my tests with small torrents from a public tracker. Later, I also tested some torrents from private trackers. The problem occurs only with the torrents from public trackers. I made sure that the "Enable filtering" checkbox in the settings was unchecked. However, it seems that whether the Ipfilter is enabled or not, the results are the same. When comparing A702 with A708, I noticed an extra plugin in A708, named "plimits", not present in A702 and of which the status was mandatory. Maybe something to look into?

Greetings,
Paul

I'm currently at work and will try that as soon as I get home in the early evening. I'll let you know the result. In any case thanks for the response.

Greetings,
Paul
You have to remove plimits plugin:
Bash:
rm -rf /usr/bin/rtorrent/var/www/ui/rtorrent/plugins/plimits/
/etc/init.d/rtorrent.sh restart

That did the job! I would make life a lot easier though if the "Enable filtering" checkbox actually worked. Perhaps something to include in the next update.
Thanks for the help.

Greetings,
Paul