Recent Content by Mohammed Mughal

1. Mohammed Mughal

Pomoc QNAP TS-453 Pro - DOM Recovery - BIOS update

I've many hours and followed the instructions very carefully and I get the same result. The QNAP boots into test mode, it get's an IP address, I can connect to it using QNAP Finder. But the QNAP powers off after about one minute. So I can not upgrade the firmware using QNAP Finder. How can I...
  2. Mohammed Mughal

I got the same result, "Ready for test" appears on the screen on the QNAP and on the monitor I get the name of of the QNAP as TESTFC03# Should I format /dev/sdb ? And then try the dd command again? I've removed one memory module, and I still get "Ready for test".
  3. Mohammed Mughal

Yes it does. Which one should I remove? I can boot using Puppy Linux I could do; "dd if=F_TS-X53_20140916-1.2.8.img=/dev/sdb bs=1k” Would that work? Thanks.
  4. Mohammed Mughal

I'm following the instructions within the PDF, when I boot the USB with the custom QNAP firmware it starts to boot and then hangs after Live Kit done, starting slax...Triggering udev events: /sbin/udevadm trigger --action=add I've reformatted the USB and followed the instructions twice and I...
  5. Mohammed Mughal

On the bottom of the QNAP it say's TS-453 Pro - I can't find this model in the recovery site, but I can from QNAP's official download site.
  6. Mohammed Mughal

I've tried to initialize the QNAP, but the QNAP automatically powers off after about 5 mins even if I just leave it alone. So, basically the QNAP powers off during the initialization process.
  7. Mohammed Mughal

I no longer need to do recovery, I did not know that the latest Malware remover would remove the muhstik ransomware. I just need the QNAP to boot normally, but it does not. All disks have been removed. So I've copied over the image file for a TS-x53mini and the qnap boots into "Ready for...
  8. Mohammed Mughal

Thanks for the info. I did try DEL and F11 (as mentioned in other posts) but they did not work. I'll try F7 and F2. Thanks. I've removed all disks. F7 get's me into the BIOS to select a boot device. DSL fails to boot fully with the message about Auto detection hanging and then powers off...
  9. Mohammed Mughal

The problem I have is that I can't access the BIOS to select USB as boot device. All I see is the logo screen saying starting. Also, I don't see TS-453 Pro listed in Firmware Recovery - QNAPedia Thanks.
  10. Mohammed Mughal

Hi everyone, My QNAP was infected last September by the muhstik ransomware, luckily I regularly backup this NAS to another NAS and all my data was safe. I powered off the NAS and disconnected it from my network. Since then I found someone had written a decrypt tool which I tested and this...