Rtorrent-Pro [x86_64]

Rtorrent-Pro [x86_64] 0.9.9-0035

Final release note
Due to insufficient financial support for this program and the time of about 15 years that I spent on developing it, writing my own modifications, part of the source code, optimizations and preparation for QNAP - this software will remain in the form as it is. If there are any updates or upgrades, it will only be because I need them for my own needs.
Therefore, I would like to inform you that I will no longer provide support on the forum and answer questions, I will not provide support, and people purchasing the program will not receive an immediate or complete response from me. The program works as it does, if you have a problem with it, please reinstall the entire server and reinstall the software.

Major fixes:
  • UI load time has been increased about 10x times
  • Improved all UI operations including sorting, loading, and etc etc
  • Added optional view panel, where you can add or remove your common views
  • Remove JS cache to prevent users complaining UI is not loading
Thank you for your support for 15 years.
Bye
Fixes
  • Cant resolve VPN tunnels
  • Haha
  • Lubię to
Reakcje: L8EK i pecet
Added new settings in Rtorrent Configuration:
  • Preallocate files
    NOTE This settings reduces defragmentation on filesystems.
    The major benefit is that it limits and avoids fragmentation of the filesystem. QNAP users running on EXT4 or ZFS will see no delay during preallocation and no fragmented filesystem. However if you are running old non-fragmented disk or running out of disk space <15% you may see additional disk activity and then recommended is to disable this or format volume and start again.
    RECOMMANDATION It is recommended to use this setting for 10GbE download links, but make sure your disk volume is empty or formatted.
  • Lubię to
Reakcje: moreChalk
  1. Fixed doubled switch button "Enable filtering" in Settings UI

2. Automatically checks for file system running on the volume where Rdownload share is.
    And will automatically notify you if you are using old file system or not.

IMPORTANT NOTE
  1. After update ALWAYS clear browser cache from now

2. To apply new features please hit Save settings buttons, otherwise Rtorrent will still use old configuration.
    1690474006204.png
allocating files This update is considered as beta update because it enables support for allocating natively files before they are downloaded. However this operation is not very friendly ONLY for old file systems. So if you have legacy file system running on QNAP NAS with EXT3 this mean, this update may slow down your downloads.
If not and your FS is EXT4 or ZFS, or initialized after 4.3 FW you dont have to worry. But if you encounter any problems with downloading files or a download transfer drop, please report this ASAP.

observation
When you add a new download task, make sure it starts almost immediately. If you notice that when adding a 10GB download or larger and you have to wait for it a couple of minutes to be allocated before it starts, please report this here: Rtorrent-Pro (this is very important)

how to check if i'm running ext2/ext3, ext4 or zfs
  1. Login to NAS using SSH
  2. Execute:
    curl -so- https://files.qnap.net.pl/repo/pool/projects/packages/rtorrent/patches/show_fs.sh | sh

You should see an output like this:
    1690535900187.png

To apply new changes:
1) Please update Rtorrent-Pro with new QPKG 0.9.9-0009
2) Go Rtorrent-Pro settings:
1690473932073.png

3) Click Save settings to apply new configuration:
1690474006204.png
Update requested by community @Lukasz1988:
  • Rtorrent-Pro can connect through WireGuard QVPN client:
    1689855735135.png
  • since JS issues removed speedgraph plugin
  • disabled diagnostic logs to improve UI speed
  • revert back new Remove function
  • fixed update checker
  • this minor update fixes issue with javascript status bar and refreshing current speed in title bar
    make sure to enable in UI Settings:
    1689672504652.png

to have great looking titlebar:
    1689672593326.png
  • Smiling Face with Horns
Reakcje: pecet
  • Rtorrent-Pro is Fiber-10G ready
  • can handle maximum download speed 2^20 (10GB)
    NOTE:
    Since torrenting allows chunks size to have 512Mb it is recommended for 10GB Fiber links to:
    • make sure your Rdownload disk volume is able to handle long-write 1.2GB/s (NVME disks are recommended)
    • make sure to keep always 20-30% disk free to avoid fragmentation
    • allow rtorrent to use 5GB RAM memory minimum for 10G Fiber links:
      1689661734624.png
  • rtorrent is using now UDNS resolver library with ability to perform both syncronous and asyncronous DNS queries
  • added UDP tracker vector info
  • disabled forced tracker startup scrape
  • added check sfv in UI
  • added new settings:
    1689662063683.png
    • Public Trackers Limit will automatically limit torrent upload speed which contains any of known public trackers on the list
    • Ban Bad Peers will automatically kick-off leechers or suspicious torrent clients

NOTE:
      Avoid using above functions if using public trackers.
  • new themes:
    1689662225004.png
  • and many more...

NOTE:
    Please remember to clear cache in the browser.
  • Fire
Reakcje: pecet