Pomoc Will Silas Continue to support rtorrent?

wacko37

Passing Basics
Beginner
20 Styczeń 2014
QNAP
TS-x59 Pro II
Ethernet
40 GbE
@Silas Mariusz

Sorry to ask this question again, but on www.forum.qnap.com you mentioned that you will no longer be supporting rtorrent for Qnap.

Please can you confirm if this is true??

As i said before..... i and many others would be so SAD if this is true. Rtorrent is clearly the best downloader out there

Thanks

Thanks Silas,

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond, we in Qnap community are very grateful for all your hard effort and time.

Rtorrent is still miles above the rest, i was worried that it was all finished for Silas and rtorrent. :s

But Luckily its not the case[-_-]~

Thank YouOh i do have one question that nobody has been able to answer or have been able to find anything on the net.

When the "automove" plugin is set to "Copy" it is unable to copy files over 4gh (like a 8gb mkv file) to the required location.

Please can you point me in the right direction or is this not fixable?

Thanks Mate

I will reply shortly cos I'm in the bed and sleeping :Sleeping:

When the "automove" plugin is set to "Copy" it is unable to copy files over 4gh (like a 8gb mkv file) to the required location.
This is I think built-in (non QNAP) php issue. You could try to extract php from rtorrent 0.8.6 and swap it.
Or the other way... disable autotools plugin and setup move on complete in config manually.

I'll get back on it soon :)

Regards

• Lubię to
Reakcje: kaktus
Where can i find the 0.8.6 ver? Also how do i extract if from the qpkg file?

Sorry for the noob questions

Please don't use capital letter's unless you are shouting
Edit by pigers
Sorry bout that.

Ostatnio edytowane przez moderatora:
Sorry Silas for all the noob questions.

When you say "extract php" is that the "rtorrent/lib/php" folder?? if so do i just copy and paste?

Thanks Mate

Ok i will take your advise Silas and use 0.9.2 because if anyone should it would be you:D

Now..... how would i go about changing the automove to copy the file complete instead of move?

I have Couch Potato scanning the complete folder which it will rename and move to my desired location. So i want rtorrent to keep the file in the download folder for seeding and copy that file to the complete folder for CP to do its work

Hope this makes sense:glupi:

As I said I do not support rtorrent - especially the old one 0.9.2 from 2012.@wacko37 are you still interested in new rtorrent build?
I just compiled stable rtorrent 0.9.2 and bunch of libs and 3rd party stuff. New release will be fully compatible with upcoming QTS 4.1 kernel version.
I need to rewriting start/stop init script ... It's a lot of code to recheck and improve, but I think maybe tomorrow there will be a Beta build available for download.@wacko37 are there any requests you would like to see in upcoming rtorrent QPKG release?
Engine and it's environment is already compiled and now I'm reworking the UI and maintenance panel.
Here you can view preview of the UI:
1) Welcome
2) Getting started
3) Configure

As I said I do not support rtorrent - especially the old one 0.9.2 from 2012.@wacko37 are you still interested in new rtorrent build?
I just compiled stable rtorrent 0.9.2 and bunch of libs and 3rd party stuff. New release will be fully compatible with upcoming QTS 4.1 kernel version.
I need to rewriting start/stop init script ... It's a lot of code to recheck and improve, but I think maybe tomorrow there will be a Beta build available for download.@wacko37 are there any requests you would like to see in upcoming rtorrent QPKG release?
Engine and it's environment is already compiled and now I'm reworking the UI and maintenance panel.
Here you can view preview of the UI:
1) Welcome
2) Getting started
3) Configure

Hi Silas...

This is great news for all!!!

Sorry but I am unable to help as I am offshore off the coast of the Philippines for another 2 weeks and the Internet is really slow on the boat.

Feature requests would be

1. Be able to copy completed downloads to an other location for processing from couch potato. Also be able to copy files larger than 4gb (mkv etc)

2. UI is very unstable when accessing through DNS Server (no-ip etc) this maybe due a slow connection.

3. Script support. Like the scripts used between sickbeard and SABnzbd.

Thanks for coming back and I cant waited to try the beta release

Sorry but I am unable to help as I am offshore off the coast of the Philippines for another 2 weeks and the Internet is really slow on the boat.
Wow!

1. Be able to copy completed downloads to an other location for processing from couch potato. Also be able to copy files larger than 4gb (mkv etc)
Well this problem was caused by autotools plugin which was moving files through php - bad idea any way. So I revert it back again to shells "mv" command...

2. UI is very unstable when accessing through DNS Server (no-ip etc) this maybe due a slow connection.
Yes, you're right. For slow connections you should increase timeouts. Probably solution for you is a new Pause-UI button to stop refreshing data in the UI.

3. Script support. Like the scripts used between sickbeard and SABnzbd.
Can you provide some examples?

Thanks. Bye!