15 Maj 2019
QNAP
TS-x51+
Ethernet
1 GbE
Firmware version: 4.3.6.0923 Build 20190525
Model name: QNAP TS-451+

Hi all,

I recently received my TS-451+ and paid for rTorrent since the qBt packages wouldn't work for me. It has worked fine but I noticed download and upload speeds had a bottleneck, because they would rarely go over 10MB/s (100Mbps~) while the same torrents would almost max out my gigabit connection on my normal PC.

I checked the QNAP resource monitor and there is a java process lingering around 70-90% CPU. I thought it may be temporary, but after 12-24 hours it was still there. I stopped rTorrent from the app manager and the java process stopped also. I've never used rTorrent so I don't know what this is being used for or why it's maxing out the CPU (quad-core J1900 @ 2GHz). I tried looking through the forums but there was nothing about it, unless it wasn't in English. Separate from causing bottlenecks in spikes for rTorrent speeds it makes Plex transcoding constantly buffer.

Does anyone know what the java process is being used for? It happens without any of the web interfaces opened up and no torrents if it matters.

ai.gyazo.com_1da338286aad777730f3e24397086fa2.png

Hi!

I thought it may be temporary, but after 12-24 hours it was still there
Thats annoying and we should check this.

rtorrent-Pro is adding scanning task to it's internal post-download queue manager Scanning tasks are running one by one and are executing java which starts filebot. Additionaly the same happen everyday at 4am, but then, at 4am filebot is scanning globally complete content.

We have to check two things:
1) how many items is in queue list
2) how many media files is in complete directory

Let's say youve modified directory labels like movies, tv, and etc in complete directory these directories are pointing to another volume and are on not the same target as medialibrary, then java cant do a hardlinking between source and destination content and need to copy each media file by file.
But this should happens only when Im right saying you've made these changes=symlinks by yourself. In this case there are some options:
1) disable media library
2) wait until this will finish
3) let me help to findout best solutions - in this case I need TeamViewer access - please answer on PM
User has rejected remote assistance.

Hi!

I thought it may be temporary, but after 12-24 hours it was still there
Thats annoying and we should check this.

rtorrent-Pro is adding scanning task to it's internal post-download queue manager Scanning tasks are running one by one and are executing java which starts filebot. Additionaly the same happen everyday at 4am, but then, at 4am filebot is scanning globally complete content.

We have to check two things:
1) how many items is in queue list
2) how many media files is in complete directory

Let's say youve modified directory labels like movies, tv, and etc in complete directory these directories are pointing to another volume and are on not the same target as medialibrary, then java cant do a hardlinking between source and destination content and need to copy each media file by file.
But this should happens only when Im right saying you've made these changes=symlinks by yourself. In this case there are some options:
1) disable media library
2) wait until this will finish
3) let me help to findout best solutions - in this case I need TeamViewer access - please answer on PM
User has rejected remote assistance.

Hi Silas, I'm facing the same problem, I searched around and found someone over at Qnap forums posing about the same issue, and I relied there with some details, you can read my reply here, if you are interested into looking into it via TeamViewer then I have nothing to hide :p

What is the content of the file: {Rdownload|Download/rtorrent}/settings/filebot/queue.jobs ?

Please remove it.
I found a job there for a torrent that has brackets in its name like so: [Xorx Xooxxx] Xeaa aacc (1111p), and it is not a movie nor a tv show and it was clogging the queue, deleting that line seems to be the fix for the problem.
thanks

This is a bug with square brackets.
It can be fixed by editing file: /usr/bin/rtorrent/bin/filebot-queuerunner.sh
Replace line 520 and 542 which is:
Bash:
cat "${QC}" | grep -v "$ProcessingItem" > "${QC}.tmp"
To:
Bash:
cat "${QC}" | grep -v "${ProcessingItem}" | grep -v $(echo -e "${ProcessingItem}" | sed -e 's/\[/\\[/g' -e 's/\]/\\]/g')  > "${QC}.tmp"