Nowy użytkownik
Noobie
14 Październik 2015
East Coast
QNAP
TS-x39 Pro
Ethernet
1 GbE
I have been using a TS-239Pro and TS-253Pro for a few years now both are running at present QTS Firmware 4.2.0 (2015-09-25) as well as rtorrent_0.9.2-0715-150715_x86 version. I did not upgrade to a newer firmware because of the problems that QNAP introduced at that time that caused rtorrent to have this watchdog problem.

The TS-239Pro is E.O.L. and I want to update it to it's latest QTS Firmware 4.2.6. Which rtorrent version can I install on that QTS firmware that runs without problems? Since it is an x86 I believe the rtorrent Pro will not work.

The TS-253Pro is a x86_64 and I plan to update it to the latest QTS version that allows rtorrent Pro to run without problems.

Please help me with my choices by answering the following questions:
1. For TS-239Pro what version of rtorrent will run on QTS 4.2.6 without problems especially the continues watchdog entries into the log?
2. For TS-253Pro what QTS version and what rtorrent Pro version will run without problems and play nice together?
3. From a forum search I gather that updating on the TS-253Pro rtorrent to rtorrent Pro will inherit the settings from the previous installation, is that correct?
4. Should I update on the TS-253Pro the QTS firmware first before installing rtorrent Pro or install rtorrent pro first and then update the QTS firmware?

I have appreciated your software for the past several years and believe you are entitled to be rewarded for your hard work.

Thanks for your help
O2G

The TS-239Pro is E.O.L. and I want to update it to it's latest QTS Firmware 4.2.6. Which rtorrent version can I install on that QTS firmware that runs without problems? Since it is an x86 I believe the rtorrent Pro will not work.
I really dont remember version for this unit. But I belive it was rtorrent++ right?

2. For TS-253Pro what QTS version and what rtorrent Pro version will run without problems and play nice together?
Both latest versions.

3. From a forum search I gather that updating on the TS-253Pro rtorrent to rtorrent Pro will inherit the settings from the previous installation, is that correct?
Most yes.
Please do a backup just in case of settings and session directory.

4. Should I update on the TS-253Pro the QTS firmware first before installing rtorrent Pro or install rtorrent pro first and then update the QTS firmware?
Update QTS first. During update please stop rtorrent.

Thank you very much for helping and assisting in the updating process.
I really dont remember version for this unit. But I belive it was rtorrent++ right?
That is correct but I solved the problem by staying at QTS version 4.2.0 since rtorrent and nzbget work flawless on that NAS. Just enlarged the capacity of the mirrored hard drives and are waiting for it to finish. For 1.5TB drive with 400GB empty space to mirror to new 4TB drives and then enlarge them to take care of the full capacity of the drives, so far took 45 hours with another 7-8 to go.

Most yes.
Please do a backup just in case of settings and session directory.
I gather that the backup of the session and settings directory have to be done using putty with a SSH session. What is the location of those directories? I can figure out the commandline parameters for the "cp" command but need to know the Linux location.

Update QTS first. During update please stop rtorrent.
Thanks that info is very helpful. Hope everything will go smoothly.