QNAP
TS-x79U
Ethernet
1 GbE
Hello everyone,

I have a TS-879U-RP with:
  • Specs:CPU i3 3220 and Ram 4GB DDR3 UDimm
  • Bios Version: QV05AR66 (4.6.5.3)
  • Firmware version: Latest and Final since its an EOL product.
  • P/N:52200-000915-RS
Since the versions of this NAS are not clear and not stated anywhere it might be the latest version,the green motherboard one with the 4 ram slots.Sorry about this but i opened it up and i didn't find anything relevant to provide you with more info.

Since this must be a IvyBridge chipset i'm looking to fit one i7 3770 that i have lying around and i know that practically almost any Ram will work.

So my concerns are:
  • Will this cpu work with the bios version that i already have or do i need to upgrade?
  • If yes does anyone have the latest version ?
  • Are all the necessary microcodes in there for the upgrade? I looked into the "other" forum and i stumbled on a QV05AR72 bios file but it was for a ts-1679u-rp and i'm not sure if it'll work at all.
  • Is the stock cpu heatsink adequate for this cpu or do i need another? I Know that the EC-879 that houses a v2 Xeon with 77w TDP is pretty much identical in terms of cooling but i'm asking just to be sure.
  • By the way i'm also looking to swap the psu fans with something more quiet.Has anybody done this ?

Thanx very much for your time.
Hello everyone,

I have a TS-879U-RP with:
  • Specs:CPU i3 3220 and Ram 4GB DDR3 UDimm
  • Bios Version: QV05AR66 (4.6.5.3)
  • Firmware version: Latest and Final since its an EOL product.
  • P/N:52200-000915-RS
Since the versions of this NAS are not clear and not stated anywhere it might be the latest version,the green motherboard one with the 4 ram slots.Sorry about this but i opened it up and i didn't find anything relevant to provide you with more info.

Since this must be a IvyBridge chipset i'm looking to fit one i7 3770 that i have lying around and i know that practically almost any Ram will work.

So my concerns are:
  • Will this cpu work with the bios version that i already have or do i need to upgrade?
  • If yes does anyone have the latest version ?
  • Are all the necessary microcodes in there for the upgrade? I looked into the "other" forum and i stumbled on a QV05AR72 bios file but it was for a ts-1679u-rp and i'm not sure if it'll work at all.
  • Is the stock cpu heatsink adequate for this cpu or do i need another? I Know that the EC-879 that houses a v2 Xeon with 77w TDP is pretty much identical in terms of cooling but i'm asking just to be sure.
  • By the way i'm also looking to swap the psu fans with something more quiet.Has anybody done this ?

Thanx very much for your time.
Anyone?
Someone?

hello,i have a TS-879u-RP,which is early product,and my BIOS is QA61AR22, 2 ram,e3 1220 CPU. i think QV05AR72 should be used on your nas,but ,your BIOS info will be MODIFIED form 879 to 1679. i think your bios is the newest which support ivybridge CPU.
i want to update my NAS too ,but i can find a new bios, you the only one i find on the net,would please send me your nas bios ,so i can test it on my NAS ?
thank you very much .

Użytkownicy znaleźli tą stronę używając tych słów:

1. ts-879u
  2. ts-879u-rp
  3. 879u-rp cpu upgrade
  4. ts 879